Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Im 16 years and 9months so why can't i get my provisional? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to apply for my provisional licence because its less than 3 months until my 17th birthday and i heard thats when you can get it, but when i went on to do it, it still says that because im under 17 i can only get a moped provisional?
    Can i get that provisional and use it when learning to drive a car, or would i have to get another provisional when i started learning???

ReputationRep:
    Yo blud ask da dvla init blud,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loissma)
    When you can apply
    You can apply for a provisional driving licence when you’re 15 years and 9 months old.You can start driving when you’re:
    • 17 if you want to drive a car
    • 16 if you want to ride a moped or light quad bike
    Your licence will say when you can start driving different vehicles.
    There's only one provisional driving license. Not separate car/moped ones.
    It will have listed on it the dates that you can start to drive a car and ride a moped.

ReputationRep:
    You can't use a provisional moped license for driving a car...

You can apply for a provisional licence when your 15 years and 9 months so if your having problems even applying for one then that's unusual.

ReputationRep:
    It's one piece of paper. When it comes through the start date for the car will be your birthday. The start date for moped will be the day you applied.

Mind you, there is no paper now is there? It'll just be a card.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.