Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

So I've been on the pill for years and I've never had a problem, but during the seven days I had off the pill I had unprotected sex the day before my period came/was due. I know you're supposed to have protection from the pill during this week but I'm not entirely sure I took every pill in this cycle at the correct time.
    This was about 2 weeks a go or so, since then I have bloated like CRAZY and I'm having a lot of mood swings. I've also had a lot of headaches and dizziness for no apparent reason. I've also started to get a few spots which is really unlike my skin and at 19 this isn't due to puberty. I've also been pretty tired a lot. Finally, I get moments were I feel a little sick and nauseous. This has caused me some concern as I know these can be symptoms.
    Now my questions are,
    1. I know I had a period but that was the day after, is this reliable or is there still cause for concern?
    2. I have continued with the pill however should I stop and just wait for a period even though it'd be a week early?
    3. Could I be pregnant or am I just paranoid?

Help! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    There is always going to be a chance, however small, of a pregnancy. We don't know whether or not you're pregnant - if you're concerned you need to take a test

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.