Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm not sure about the ideal amount to text a girl after getting their number? watch

ReputationRep:
    If I meet them in the club the next day texting is make or break. I usually text as much as I can (so long as they are replying and contributing of course not just a 1 way street) that day so they won't forget about me and will learn more of me.

Im a bit confused what to do after that though in the coming days. I don't have much to say in terms of what I've been doing etc. the days after. In one sense I don't want the line to go slack and have them think I dont like them but I also don't want to text when I don't have anything to say and it feels forced.

I mean is it strange if I suddenly didn't text for a few days after texting non stop the night before?

Should I deliberately put breaks on it by making excuses like 'I'll be doing x,y,z for the next few days so I'll speak to you after that'?

I've met quite a few girls for dates somehow getting through it but I have no idea how and I've lost alot because I didn't know what to write; if anything at all.

I know it gets easier the longer you manage to hang in there and get to know them but it's the first few days I find so perilous.

So what should I do?

ReputationRep:
    All you have to do is send one text message, ask if she wants sex. If she says yes, great. If she says no, then you know she's asexual and you can move on to the next one. Simple. No need to waste time on texting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurupt)
    All you have to do is send one text message, ask if she wants sex. If she says yes, great. If she says no, then you know she's asexual and you can move on to the next one. Simple. No need to waste time on texting.

And how many times hhat actually worked for you? Real figures please.

ReputationRep:
    Don't play any games/make any excuses just text her when you like, if you think you're coming across too eager back off a tiny bit. Just interpret her replies if she's enthusiastic don't stop texting her. if she's being a bit blunt then obviously back off a bit. But just make the first few messages neutral and casual.
    Stop overthinking things! If your both enjoying each other texts then continue talking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harambulus)
    And how many times hhat actually worked for you? Real figures please.
    never, im virgin, but thats because im ugly, trust me this works

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.