Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My dad asks me to introduce him some computer games to play watch

ReputationRep:
    He is old and retired and alone at home. Mum passed away and siblings and me are working far away so he asked me if i can introduce him some computer games to fill up some time. Thing is my dad isn't naturally good with computers. He always asked me on how to get stuff done (reformat, fix ****) and he doesn't pick up things very well so i can't get him to play the most sophisticated games like starcraft , league of legend and Dota. It would be too much for him anyway.

What games do you think would suit me? Not angry bird , he said he doesn't like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    He is old and retired and alone at home. Mum passed away and siblings and me are working far away so he asked me if i can introduce him some computer games to fill up some time. Thing is my dad isn't naturally good with computers. He always asked me on how to get stuff done (reformat, fix ****) and he doesn't pick up things very well so i can't get him to play the most sophisticated games like starcraft , league of legend and Dota. It would be too much for him anyway.

What games do you think would suit me? Not angry bird , he said he doesn't like it.
    Oldschool runescape or runescape 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon17)
    Oldschool runescape or runescape 3.
    YESS do you play??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    YESS do you play??
    yes

ReputationRep:
    Age of Empires 2 HD, he will be entertained.

ReputationRep:

Jet pack joyride or some of the older final fantasys 1-8 should take up some time if we could have a little more information like does he like football or f1 do you think he might enjoy shooters and what platform he has we may be able to help more.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Hearthstone is very easy to pick up. Paradox games are an enormous time-sink but are going to be far too hard to pick up. Maybe grab him Rome: Total War is he is at all likely to be into that kind of thing. There is also online chess.

ReputationRep:
    Age of Empires 2 HD on steam is pretty easy to pick up given that it's a remake of some old ass ****.
    Hearthstone's easy to pick up, also free.
    Team Fortress 2 is some decent free stuff, again pretty simple.
    Prison Architect ain't too complex.
    Various online chess and card games should be easy enough, he'll already know how to play those surely.
    You could just find him a flash game site, never seen any of those that are particularly taxing to learn.

the most sophisticated games like starcraft , league of legend and Dota
    They're the most sophisticated? Damn and here I was thinking I was smart for understanding how trade worked in EUIV...

ReputationRep:
    Dark Souls
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Depends
    Console - Ratchet and Clack, COD/BF, Worms Armageddon,
    PC - Like someone said Age of Empires, Card games (Poker, etc), Puzzle games (Worms, I want to say Portal but that could frustrate him) or even platforming, Maybe Minecraft

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeyK)
    Dark Souls
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Depends
    PC - Like someone said Age of Empires, Card games (Poker, etc), Puzzle games (Worms, I want to say Portal but that could frustrate him) or even platforming, Maybe Minecraft
    yeah worms is good or a platformer like rayman or earthworm jim 1-2

ReputationRep:
    fifa

ReputationRep:
    Age of Empires 2. Best RTS everrr.
    Runescape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    yeah worms is good or a platformer like rayman or earthworm jim 1-2
    Earthworm Jim :yep: Need to get that game so I can reminisce

OP Just make sure it's doesn't have overly complicated controlling. Because setting up buttons will be a tough one for him

ReputationRep:
    If you see an old xbox lying about, fable, halo etc.

If he likes story lines and isn't afraid of sci-fi, wing commander prophecy for the computer.

ReputationRep:
    Mass Effect trilogy. Make a grown man cry today!

ReputationRep:
    oh Tie fighter is really good as is rouge squadron 3d for the pc

ReputationRep:
    Possibly some PC racing games like Mobil Rally 5...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeyK)
    Dark Souls
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Depends
    omfg I forgot about worms. I managed to get my mum to play that, it's some good stuff

Rocket League with a gaming controller of course :P

ReputationRep:
    Unreal Tournament 2004
    Command and Conquer
    Age of Empires 2
    Flatout 2
    Burnout
    Minecraft
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.