Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm really sorry if this is already somewhere on the forum but I couldn't seem to find anything it on it, I wondered if anyone could offer any advice...
    I'm 27 years old, I have an undergraduate degree in Archaeological Science and a Masters in Museum Studies, after several years of hitting a wall trying to get a decent museum job I have decided to go for a change of career. My husband works for Yorkshire Ambulance Service and his work has always really interested me. I've looked at the course offered at Sheffield Hallam (my nearest university as I cant move at the moment) and they require you to have experience of working in the care environment.
    I was a First Aider at my old place of work and have lots of experience of training and supervising volunteers with a variety of mental health issues. Is any of this relevant? I'm really keen on applying and starting as soon as possible so I don't know if I try and get a few weeks experience with say the Red Cross would that be enough or will they expect me to have months and months of experience as say a First Responder?
    Any advice anyone can give would be much appreciated!!!
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2015
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.