Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

how to be okay with being a loser? watch

ReputationRep:
    I love my friends and stuff but sometimes I get depressed when I see all those cool popular girls talking to guys and going to parties. all of my friends are more the study type as am I and we tend to goof around a lot! Obviously it's annoying when all the 'cool' people are talking about the parties and I'm just siting there kinda jealous LOL. But I don't want to be their friend well not bestfriend or anything like I'm happy with my friends but I feel like a loser half the time ... how do I just embrace who I am lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethgl)
    I love my friends and stuff but sometimes I get depressed when I see all those cool popular girls talking to guys and going to parties. all of my friends are more the study type as am I and we tend to goof around a lot! Obviously it's annoying when all the 'cool' people are talking about the parties and I'm just siting there kinda jealous LOL. But I don't want to be their friend well not bestfriend or anything like I'm happy with my friends but I feel like a loser half the time ... how do I just embrace who I am lol?
    The easiest way to embrace who you are is confidence. (Its hard to build up but you just need to realise you don't need to conform to societies norms and what otheres think)

The 'cool popular girls' are only that because you see them that way. This may sound cliche but youmay sometimes feel like a 'loser' only cos you see yourself that way. To me, I don't think you are. (Your friends probably dont either-and if they do, just ditch 'em)

Other people talking about their parties is their life, everyone is allowed to talk about what they want, so why not make your own parties or join your closer friend's parties? Studying is very important and props to you for being that type. The others dont realise that but wait 5-10 years and itll hit em and then theyll regret it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    The easiest way to embrace who you are is confidence. The 'cool popular girls' are only that because you see them that way. This may sound cliche but you are only a 'loser' cos you see yourself that way. To me, I don't think you are. Other people talking about their parties is their life, everyone is allowed to talk about what they want, so why not make your own parties or join your closer friend's parties? Studying is very important and props to you for being that type. The others dont realise that but wait 5-10 years and itll hit em and then theyll regret it!
    so how do I get the confidence? 😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethgl)
    so how do I get the confidence? 😔
    Have you tried learning a new skill or developing one you already have more? Most people respect skill and it doesnt have to be being a 10th dan black belt in martial arts or knowing parkour, it could also be like singing or drawing. Your abilities shape you and mean you have something you are proud of yourself in.

Even if you don't have a particular skill and you're not inspired to learn a new one (which is unlikely), confidence can also be gained simply by mindset. You have to realise that

1) the cool kids' will always be seen as cool but don't be jealous- I like to use the Yin Yang to explain this. For every Yang there must be a equally strong Yin. They may have a strong presence at school but maybe they have deep problems at home with their family/medical issues? Even if they don't, your future is defo brighter than theirs with your studying!

2) just don't care about other people judging who's cool and who isn't as much. People will always judge but you don't need to worry about them.

There isn't a rule that every time someone thinks you're less cool than someone else you lose £20 or 3 years of your life. It will only affect you if you LET if affect you.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.