The Student Room Group

Anyone know what to do?..

I was devastatingly, recently informed that I was academically withdrawn from studying Law, due to failing a module for the third time. I exhausted the internal appeals procedure for my University, due to essentially a lack of evidence. I argued that I was mentally unstable at the time due to my anxiety and provided evidence of my Cognitive Behavioural Therapy appointment letters, thus was not in the correct mindset to sit an exam, or mitigate one.

My university argued that I should have mitigated my exam before I got my results, and that if I was indeed too unstable to mitigate it I should have provided stronger evidence to prove this. At the time I assumed that the appointment letters were enough, however I could easily go back and ask my GP for a letter stating this, but unfortunately I have exhausted the appeals procedure and thus further evidence will not be accepted. So as a result, have been referred to the OIA to make a complaint. I have read up on them online, and it doesn't look too good.

I wanted to asko you think my appointment letters were sufficient evidence?Should I take my claim to the OIA and if so, do I have a chance at all? Would the OIA take in new evidence? Any other help on this matter would be very much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest