Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    Thanks in advance for taking your time to read my post

I'm in year 11 and I'm sh***ing myself! I've got mocks coming up in two week's time and I need help with revision! Especially in Science. I will be doing Units 1 and 2 for both Chem and Bio, and unit 3 for Physics.
    I'm currently a grade B/A (few A*s) candidate and my goal is to get at least an A in all science exams, so that by the time we get to June, I will be able to push those grades up to an A*!
    I want to do medicine or child nursing, so I know my science grades, in particular, Bio and Chem, must be top-notch!!

Do you have any tips? Please share them with me!
    I have tried numerous of different ways of revising but I haven't actually settled down yet and stuck to one, and one only.

Thank you soooooo much
    L.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilianna_8)
    Do you have any tips?
    Past papers. Billions of 'em :fluffy:
    Look at the specifications, too - base your revision around them - work out model answers for each point, if possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)
    Past papers. Billions of 'em :fluffy:
    Look at the specifications, too - base your revision around them - work out model answers for each point, if possible.

Thank you for replying
    I do take looks at specifications, not as often as I should. But I will probably go over them, make notes from them and use other resources too, and see if I manage to get at least a B on a past paper

Once again, thanks for replying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilianna_8)
    Thank you for replying
    I do take looks at specifications, not as often as I should. But I will probably go over them, make notes from them and use other resources too, and see if I manage to get at least a B on a past paper

Once again, thanks for replying!
    You're welcome :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Use exam time.com

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    So I was struggling the same as you, and I realised that using past exam papers helps a lot.. Ask your teacher for some and I'm sure they would give you them..

Revise for an hour or so, then write on some flash cards (if you don't know what they are, basically just some pieces of paper, not massive) and write down some questions which would likely be relevant to your exam ones, like for example "name the parts of the respiratory system" or something like that,BUT NOT the answer.. And then have a little 20 minute break, so you can chill, get a drink or grab something to eat... And then go back and answer the questions you previously wrote.. And once completed, check your answers and the ones you have gotten wrong, go back and focus on them for a little while.. But turn your phone off unless you really need it, trust me that was my biggest problem! Ahah

Hope I help, and good luck!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.