Calling current university students; help needed! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm reaching out to those of you studying;
    psychology
    criminology
    social work
    journalism
    I need advice on what I should do next year. I was planning to take up psychology and criminology as a joint course as I find it interesting, but am struggling with A2 psychology. I'd love to do something where I can express myself and be creative, such as journalism but am worried it may not have as wide career prospects as psych. and crim.. Social work is also interesting but am unsure as to whether I need work experience.
    I ask that students currently studying these courses give advice on which route I should go for. I would consider a year out for an internship for journalism or work experience should I need it.
    Please help! Thank you
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hi,

I'd suggest either going to speak to a careers advisor at your sixth form/college. Alternatively you can pop along to a university open day and speak to a careers advisor there. :yy:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.