Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so I'm planning on getting a new car as i need it to get to and from uni.
    planning on getting it finance/lease, and all cars cost near enough the same amount. my last car was a megane and was absolutely crap. at least with these cars they will be brand new. so:
    First is BMW 116d se,
    second Audi a3 se
    third: vw golf 1.6 tdi
    finally, Nissan qashqai 1.5 diesel n-tec+,
    i know the nissan seems out of place but i kinda really like the car.
    your help will be great.

ReputationRep:
    Lease! You would have to be an idiot to buy a brand new car. Mine is lease and a 30k car for 195/month.

The BMW is awful, rwd, slow underpowered tiny diesel.
    The A3 is just a golf wearing an Audi disguise, you'll pay more for the A3 than a better golf.

Have you considered a golf GTD? They are only a few quid more/month than the 1.6 and is a much much nicer car imho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrID)
    Lease! You would have to be an idiot to buy a brand new car. Mine is lease and a 30k car for 195/month.

The BMW is awful, rwd, slow underpowered tiny diesel.
    The A3 is just a golf wearing an Audi disguise, you'll pay more for the A3 than a better golf.

Have you considered a golf GTD? They are only a few quid more/month than the 1.6 and is a much much nicer car imho.
    i defiantly looked at the GTD my elder brother used to have one, but the insurance on that is way too much,the cars in that list are the decent ones for insurance, whats your view on the qashqai?

ReputationRep:
    They are okay, I'm not really a fan but nm..... There's nothing wrong with them anyway. Out of your list though, it would be the golf for me.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.