Turn on thread page Beta

Post-Apocalypse fantasy watch

ReputationRep:
    I've fantasised about living in a post-apocalyptic world. Is this weird?

I know if I truly thought about it, it would be a horrible world to live in, but that doesn't stop me fantasising about it :dontknow:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i've watched ''the tribe'' a teen's tv series in the early 2000s and it's about a world of teens and children being the only people left in the world. A virus broke out which attacked adults but people younger were immune, so they set up their own tribes and live like ''back in the days'' - stone ages lol. i kind of like that concept, but of course adults would be more noicer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i've watched ''the tribe'' a teen's tv series in the early 2000s and it's about a world of teens and children being the only people left in the world. A virus broke out which attacked adults but people younger were immune, so they set up their own tribes and live like ''back in the days'' - stone ages lol. i kind of like that concept, but of course adults would be more noicer
    Surprising that I haven't seen that show. I desperately look for new post-apocalyptic tv shows and movies to watch lol. I'll give that one a try.

ReputationRep:
    Was reading the Gone series which made me think about a post-apocalyptic world quite a bit. Not that weird I guess? I don't give it much thought anymore tho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alrounder79)
    I've fantasised about living in a post-apocalyptic world. Is this weird?

I know if I truly thought about it, it would be a horrible world to live in, but that doesn't stop me fantasising about it :dontknow:
    I don't know how horrible it would be. It all depends on what is left and what society you could build out of it.

ReputationRep:
    Surprising that I haven't seen that show. I desperately look for new post-apocalyptic tv shows and movies to watch lol. I'll give that one a try.
    Have you watched The Road?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Have you watched The Road?
    Yes, horribly depressing film. It's an irrational fantasy, I know.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    all the seasons are on youtube

ReputationRep:
    Yes, horribly depressing film. It's an irrational fantasy, I know.
    Seriously irrational. There is no pleasant representation of post Apocalypse because it would be nothing short of harrowing.

If you want to get an insight of what it could be like I recommend you visit a ghetto. Not an American "ghetto" but an actual 3rd world ghetto. You will get a much better insight of what human desperation feels and looks like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Seriously irrational. There is no pleasant representation of post Apocalypse because it would be nothing short of harrowing.

If you want to get an insight of what it could be like I recommend you visit a ghetto. Not an American "ghetto" but an actual 3rd world ghetto. You will get a much better insight of what human desperation feels and looks like.
    I think it's generally romanticised in movies, tv shows and books. If I were to survive the initial apocalypse, I have this vision that I will be free to do what I want and surviving as the protagonists in the books I read and shows I watch do.

Also, I lived in Bangladesh (a seriously poverty ridden country) for 7 years. I've seen and been in 3rd world ghettos many times

ReputationRep:
    I think it's generally romanticised in movies, tv shows and books. If I were to survive the initial apocalypse, I have this vision that I will be free to do what I want and surviving as the protagonists in the books I read and shows I watch do.

Also, I lived in Bangladesh (a seriously poverty ridden country) for 7 years. I've seen and been in 3rd world ghettos many times
    So why would you want to live in that kind of hell hole only worse. With no laws and a further break down in morality. I think The Road would be the most accurate portrayal of what the world would be like. Just ****.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.