The Student Room Group

Do You Think This Woman Is Rude?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by yulebook
The term "left-wing" is too broad in European culture. Soon "right-wing" will only consist of people who want to no taxes.

ALL newspaper commenters have problems but I remember the newspaper starting to be too "Labour" and deciding to move on to more "Lib Dem" newspapers.

Maybe it's gotten better since it expanded to the US, but then I'd dislike it if it became to Americanised.

I agree, the right wing mostly seems to mean the UKIP stereotype in the UK right now.

Which papers have you moved onto?

I'm not Labour but I agree. It seems mostly Labour these days

RonnieRJ
My spirit animal

So you don't think any of the things she did were rude?

I think some were rude, I do a few of the others :teehee:
Original post by RiotGirll
I agree, the right wing mostly seems to mean the UKIP stereotype in the UK right now.

So you don't think any of the things she did were rude?

I think some were rude, I do a few of the others :teehee:

Not really I feel her, I never bother with people I just do it. Not my fault people find it rude :wink:

Reply 23
Original post by WoodyMKC

Reply 24
Original post by Straighthate
dont care tbh fam

good thing /pol/ removed "tbh fam" .. was getting sick of it

RIght-wing = "Why should I pay more in taxes for xxx?"

A few years ago I moved to newspapers like "The Times" or "Financial Times." because I preferred the culturally liberal style of these newspapers. I was looking for something economically centre but culturally left.

Now I get my news from a diverse range of sources. I'm can't say I'm still a Lib but my political views overlap with them, along with Lab and Tories.

The Guardian still has good coverage of minority topics like arts.

Yeah, I do that and ask if ok. That's not rude is it? :colondollar:

I have a lot of friends who are Londoners and apparently Islington is stereotypically quite posh, left wing, judgmental, etc. :teehee: And stereotypically Guardian readers too?

I think as long as you say that and you're not making people feel ignored it's probably fine most of the time, but to me if someone was, say, checking their texts without expecting anything important, I'd find that pretty rude.

I honestly don't get how some people don't think that sort of thing is bad tbh. If you have dinner with someone and spend your time looking at texts, what you're basically saying is 'I can't be bothered to interact with you'.

Yeah but the judgemental thing... probably, but does that mean they're typically like this writer? I don't know. I'm not surprised that the article appeared in the Guardian, because it's the typical kind of stupid, self-righteously 'edgy' thing one might expect to read there, but I don't think it's necessarily a trait of the readership in general.

Original post by RonnieRJ
Not really I feel her, I never bother with people I just do it. Not my fault people find it rude :wink:

You know that it is your fault though.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
I think as long as you say that and you're not making people feel ignored it's probably fine most of the time, but to me if someone was, say, checking their texts without expecting anything important, I'd find that pretty rude.

I honestly don't get how some people don't think that sort of thing is bad tbh. If you have dinner with someone and spend your time looking at texts, what you're basically saying is 'I can't be bothered to interact with you'.

Yeah but the judgemental thing... probably, but does that mean they're typically like this writer? I don't know. I'm not surprised that the article appeared in the Guardian, because it's the typical kind of stupid, self-righteously 'edgy' thing one might expect to read there, but I don't think it's necessarily a trait of the readership in general.

Not reallyy??
People could just get on with their lives and stop moaning about what other people do Haha
Reply 29
Original post by yulebook
RIght-wing = "Why should I pay more in taxes for xxx?"

A few years ago I moved to newspapers like "The Times" or "Financial Times." because I preferred the culturally liberal style of these newspapers. I was looking for something economically centre but culturally left.

Now I get my news from a diverse range of sources. I'm can't say I'm still a Lib but my political views overlap with them, along with Lab and Tories.

The Guardian still has good coverage of minority topics like arts.

I'll try those out :yep:

I find the Guardian rather pretentious on arts :dontknow:
Reply 30
Original post by TimmonaPortella

I agree there. I dated a guy who ran a club night for instance and he had to be calling people constantly, I wasnt offended though because he asked and explained.

TBH, going by the ones I've met, yes :lol: Middle class, often Labour voting, trying to be "edgy" but actually kind of annoying, often classist

Quick Reply

Latest