The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by F.Nietzsche
So people in Uganda for example, choose to be gay because they're treated so wonderfully there? :h:

I'm not trying to debate with you about whether it's choice or not, I'm simply telling you how it is.
Original post by watchmen98
"Biologically homosexual"?

Bruh.

What's the issue here? Sexuality like race is not something you can forcibly change, it's a key biological aspect of someone??

Or are you still living in the dark ages with the belief you can pray the gay away
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
I'm not trying to debate with you about whether it's choice or not, I'm simply telling you how it is.

I'm just asking a question, one that you haven't answered.

And you're not telling me how it is, you're telling me what you want to believe(maybe even indoctrinated to believe)
I'm just asking a question, one that you haven't answered.

And you're not telling me how it is, you're telling me what you want to believe(maybe even indoctrinated to believe)

All I said was there are people who believe it is choice, and there are people who believe it is not choice. I do not wish to talk about why or how come this or that.
Original post by Inexorably
What's the issue here? Sexuality like race is not something you can forcibly change, it's a key biological aspect of someone??

Or are you still living in the dark ages with the belief you can pray the gay away

By "biologically homosexual", did you mean a person is born gay?

Asking out of interest. I am a Deist between.
All I said was there are people who believe it is choice, and there are people who believe it is not choice. I do not wish to talk about why or how come this or that.

You can believe whatever you want but don't expect people to make adjustments for you because you 'disapprove' of something which is natural.
You can believe whatever you want but don't expect people to make adjustments for you because you 'disapprove' of something which is natural.

I didn't expect anything of anyone to make adjustments to anything. I clearly said to the person who my initial question was aimed at, that I admire her and her support for homosexuality. I just said that I dislike the avatar, yes I would rather she changed it, but I did not ask her to change anything, nor did I expect her to.

Stop making assumptions.
That's the problem. Not everyone believes it is not a choice.
Here's a thought experiment: homosexuality would be better off to being a choice, because in a free society, we should choose whatever we want to be.

If one's sexuality depends on one's biology, then surely homosexuality would be classified as a scientific deviation from "normal" sexual orientation. And if treatment to alter the biological markers for homosexuality becomes available in the future, then it seems that homosexuality is all the more wrong - and should be recorrected.

And what about people who identify as homosexuals but do not have the biological markers for homosexuality? Would this mean that they should be denied living the life they want to live?

What are your views on pedophiles?
I didn't expect anything of anyone to make adjustments to anything. I clearly said to the person who my initial question was aimed at, that I admire her and her support for homosexuality. I just said that I dislike the avatar, yes I would rather she changed it, but I did not ask her to change anything, nor did I expect her to.

Stop making assumptions.

Okay you may not have asked directly for her to change it but by saying things like "If you are happy with offending these people, myself included, keep your avatar." You are trying to 'guilt trip' her to change her avatar.

But anyways, opinions will always differ.

Original post by watchmen98
What are your views on pedophiles?

I think the attraction towards children is unusual but it's not a choice to be attracted to kids, what is a choice is sexually abusing children and I find that act terrible.
These people (myself included) find it off-putting to see homosexual activity for that matter, quite literally, it is nauseating.

This inspired me to change my avatar too, thanks :biggrin:
Original post by keromedic
Questioning why is still not the same as saying it cannot be distatesful. I personally don't find public urination distatesful but i then find expletives distatesful despite it being common to curse.

You think urinating in public, where other adults and children walk is OK?
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Well to cut a long story short....a user on here called an avatar of two men kissing 'innapropriate' and many of us disagreed so I suppose it was a bit of a protest against his word, but at the same time spreading positivity! :smile:

It is disgusting and shouldnt be allowed on a forum like this.
Mods can you delete her photo.
Original post by muslimstanisyed
It is disgusting and shouldnt be allowed on a forum like this.
Mods can you delete her photo.

Um why? It's beautiful.

Lol they aren't going to delete my picture. Keep dreaming.
Original post by Captain Jack
There is nothing distasteful about two people of the same sex kissing.

Yes there is
There are people who are offended by inter-racial couples but surely you wouldn't be against that too?

Sexuality, like race, is not a choice. (: Why be offended by something that is not in one's control?

How can you compare sticking your penis in someones backside to a sexuality.
Thats the problem with you pro gays.
You always have to move the goal posts to suit your argument because really you know you dont have a leg to stand on.
We are not talking about skin colour.
We are talking about people who cannot legally give blood for a reason and we all know why that
You are 100 spot on with your views.
I literally cannot watch men kiss i feel like im about to vomit.

You poor darling, seeing other people's expressions of love must be difficult for you. xx
You always have to move the goal posts to suit your argument because really you know you dont have a leg to stand on.
We are talking about people who cannot legally give blood for a reason and we all know why that

Why does it matter how someone has sex? Most importantly, why is it any of your business? No-one is asking you to join in.

'Pro-gays' lol!

Resorting to insults are we? *tisk tisk*

Skin colour and sexuality are the same, both are not choices.

In this country, men who have had sex with men in the past 12 months cannot donate blood, which I do not agree with.
The law isn't always 'right'.
How this thread got hijacked...

-_-

lol there is a reason most people don't hold these homophobic views, because they are out dated and everyone has realised that they are ridiculous and wrong. Homosexuality is natural and there is nothing wrong with it.

Why don't you keep your hatred to yourself and let other people live their lives how they see fit. It doesn't affect you what other people do in the bedroom.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending