Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey I am thinking about studying animation and game design at uni, but i am not sure about my options, any idea?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should explain what you mean by options? Do you mean specific techniques / subjects / skills? Or do you mean what courses should you look at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moid)
    Maybe you should explain what you mean by options? Do you mean specific techniques / subjects / skills? Or do you mean what courses should you look at?
    I mean courses that I should look at
    I want to study 3D computer animation, but also I would like to learn a bit more about game design and VFX

ReputationRep:
    Look at Teesside Uni They've got a range of games courses ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ximena Roldan)
    I mean courses that I should look at
    I want to study 3D computer animation, but also I would like to learn a bit more about game design and VFX
    Teesside does Computer Animation & VFX, their first year for that and character animation are the same. You can also tag along to game design lectures as they never notice if extras turn up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaDog0127)
    Teesside does Computer Animation & VFX, their first year for that and character animation are the same. You can also tag along to game design lectures as they never notice if extras turn up.
    cool thanks! i am going to have a look
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    hey I am thinking about studying animation and game design at uni, but i am not sure about my options, any idea?
    Hi Ximena Roldan!

I currently study animation at Ravensbourne, maybe you'd like to take a look!
    Check here!
    Here at Ravensbourne we are strongly focused on 3D animation and VFX. I started out as a beginner, not aware of how to animate at all. They begin by easing you into 3D, teaching you the basics in first year on how to model and how to animate,. Then eventually building upon that through year 2 which leads to year 3 where we now have the capable skills to build the assets, they begin to introduce workshops for us to learn how to use unity or unreal engine to create games. I believe this course is a nice balance between weekly lectures and practical workshops.

Hope this helps!
    Jay

ReputationRep:
    Is that an real course? if so sign me right up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Segamad66)
    Is that an real course? if so sign me right up.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah! Well it's animation or game design, but it's very similar 😄
    I am.applying for
    Nottingham Trent : BA animation
    Southampton Solent: BA game design art
    Lincoln : BA animation
    Portsmouth : BSc computer animation
    Bournemouth: BA computer visualization and animation

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.