Music and revision Watch

This discussion is closed.
ryan_h
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
so I am starting another week of revision, and i wondered if people find music a good thing to listen to while revising? If you do use music what sort do you listen to ? :confused:
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes and no. Classical worked for me for years but now I get too into the music to focus properly But Mozart is apparently very good for helping you with maths...
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ryan_h)
so I am starting another week of revision, and i wondered if people find music a good thing to listen to while revising? If you do use music what sort do you listen to ? :confused:
I do, not loud music though, I'll have it on quietly. Without music I tend to dysfunction a bit :rolleyes:

Umm...either classical/romantic era piano pieces [debussy/chopin/liszt/elgar] or acoustic tracks like The Verve and Turin Brakes. Nothing I want to get up and dance to - that would be disastrous.
tammypotato
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i never study without music!!
Ramaya
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I put on the radio station on the TV and turn it off if i don't like the song. It can be very distracting when they talk or the news is on. Probably an uninterupted CD is better. And I find it better if its very quiet. I get bored if there is no music, and i'd probably just stop revising.
Cellardore
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I listened to the donnie darko album when i was revising, but had it on low, there was alot of piano music on it and i found that it calmed my nerves....
Flicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i just put the radio on quietly in the background, or if i'm in the library i listen to my anthology pieces for music - revising two things at once! i don't really notice what's on but i like to have something kinda burbling in the background.
musicbloke
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
Yes and no. Classical worked for me for years but now I get too into the music to focus properly But Mozart is apparently very good for helping you with maths...
NO IT DOESN'T. I had a philosophy exam this morning (whicdh went ok) but my revision was disrupted yesterday by watching that great performance of Don Giovanni on BBC 2. I just didn't have the heart to turn it off. (wasn't the guy who played leporello wonderful?)

MB
Pumpkinfoodle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
classical. or just anything that i know i'll get up to. i.e. if you play senior junior will you concentrate?!?!

anyhows, remember "test the nation" people who listned to classical music scored higher IQs, so it must mean something!
tiempo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I need something familiar to listen to otherwise the whine of the computer screen or the tellie in the front room... OR even worse those damn kids on their electric scooters outside will disturbe me...
Cellardore
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by tiempo)
OR even worse those damn kids on their electric scooters outside will disturbe me...
I had the same thing when i was revising, annoyed the hell out of me. Felt like throwing something at them, lol
p8224
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i agree with classical!! i listen to a lot of tchaikovsky and beethoven!

i cant listen to anything with words coz i tend to sing along..
Ramaya
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pumpkinfoodle)
classical. or just anything that i know i'll get up to. i.e. if you play senior junior will you concentrate?!?!

anyhows, remember "test the nation" people who listned to classical music scored higher IQs, so it must mean something!
I thought the triplet who listened to classical music scored the lowest. The one who listened to rock scored second and the one who listened to none scored highest :confused:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (17)
94.44%
No (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads