Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help, I need advuce watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I had a few controlled assessments in English (year 10) on the AQA board. I am really worried about moderation, as a year ago I was very stupid and plagarised a little of someones story for my own. This was only 5% as it was a CA (most of my class cheated by looking as my teacher didnt give us guidelines of what not to do) and at the time I was very lazy but also going through a really bad patch, I do not want sympathy only advice on what to do as I am really anxious about this and have been nervous for months, when we had this big assembly on how bad it was.
    My intention wasnt to copy but it ended out that way. However I am really scared of being kicked off my exams. The majority of my exams are AQA. What should I do? I found out my class have been picked for moderation but that means a few?

ReputationRep:
    Did u copy word for word ?

ReputationRep:
    It would depend on how much you copied/ wrote out word for word but I think they take your other subjects coursework into account too

ReputationRep:
    Not word for word but a few paragraphs. Everything I usually do is in my own words. I went through a bad patch and also my teacher really didn't make us aware of the penalties, I am super worried about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SchoolLyf838)
    Not word for word but a few paragraphs. Everything I usually do is in my own words. I went through a bad patch and also my teacher really didn't make us aware of the penalties, I am super worried about it.
    Don't worry about it and anyways how would they know u copied of ur friend they might think he copied of you

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, though if you think this is going to stay on your conscience ask your teacher if you are able to redo the coursework if it is practical for you.

In all honestly though, it is highly unlikely you will be caught if you didn't copy word to word, unless both yours and your friends work were in the sample

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but it was from online not during an actual CA

ReputationRep:
    I got an A* for this piece and so my teacher will be confused if I ask to redo...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SchoolLyf838)
    I got an A* for this piece and so my teacher will be confused if I ask to redo...
    Then be truthful and say you're worried that you have maybe copied a few parts. You know what you have to do so do the right thing to stop it worrying you

ReputationRep:
    Okay thank you, I would like to pass at the end of the day and it wasnt intentional tbh

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.