Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for Television Production at Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Westminister and Ravensbourne.

I am not sure which ones I like the best and which will offer the most job opportunities. Bournemouth has a very good reputation for Television, claiming they are the best. However I feel it must be so much more convenient to live in London for such an industry focused degree!

Any help?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by BethC98)
    I have applied for Television Production at Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Westminister and Ravensbourne.

I am not sure which ones I like the best and which will offer the most job opportunities. Bournemouth has a very good reputation for Television, claiming they are the best. However I feel it must be so much more convenient to live in London for such an industry focused degree!

Any help?

Hi Beth!

I am currently a third year student at Ravensbourne, and I understand it can be difficult to choose where you would like to study as I was also looking into both Westminster and Ravensbourne at the time.

Looking at job oppurtunities is important, but also remember to consider other factors such as the location finance and work space environment. Convenience can be a big factor as well but sometimes you need to outweigh the positives and the negatives for any option. In order to help make your choice I would suggest looking into the breakdown of the course as every institute is different, some may provide opportunities for work experience and internships.

Also attending open days to come view the school just to get a feel for how the environment is. Going to open days will also give you a chance to speak to tutors and students who are currently on the course now. Ravensbourne also has guided building tours coming this November that you may want to check out.

Click Here

My main focus is animation, but I have collaborated with television production and noticed the vast work space and equipment available to them, so for all your choices it will be helpful to attend open days to see first hand what you may be working with and get first hand information about all your questions. The more you know now the easier your final choice will be.

I hope this has helped
    Jay

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jay,

Thank you that helps! I have been to a building your at Ravensbourne and open days for all the others. I just wanted to hear what the life and course was like from a student. My tour guide was from Film so I didn't find out much about my course.

Just wondering when was your interview at Ravensbourne? I applied two weeks ago and I haven't even had a confirmation of my application yet. I don't know if this is normal or not.

Beth

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by BethC98)
    Hi Jay,

Thank you that helps! I have been to a building your at Ravensbourne and open days for all the others. I just wanted to hear what the life and course was like from a student. My tour guide was from Film so I didn't find out much about my course.

Just wondering when was your interview at Ravensbourne? I applied two weeks ago and I haven't even had a confirmation of my application yet. I don't know if this is normal or not.

Beth

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Beth

I'm a 3rd year student doing Product Design. (I'm a friend of Jay.)
    Interviews replies generally range from 1-3 weeks since there some many applicant. When I applied, it took me up to 4 weeks to receive a reply. You can call registry and admissions, they should be able to let you know if your applications has been received or not.

You can contact them on this number: +44 (0) 20 3040 3998
    In case you can't come into contact with them, here are the lists of other contacts Click Here

As for the day and life of a Television Production student, I can look into that for you and help you understand it a bit more.

But from general over all student life, all courses at Ravensbourne collaborates with each other. So film and television production, sound students and others come together for projects so you learn something new everyday. You share lectures together and learn different skills for your area of study. social life I find everyone friendly and it's a good environment to be in. It's comfortable to meet new people especially on level 4 where it mostly takes place.

I hope this information helps
    Kay

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.