• View Poll Results: See title
    Physics
    44.05%
    Chemistry
    26.19%
    Biology
    29.76%

ReputationRep:
    If you could teach only one of Physics, Chemistry or Biology in schools, which one would you choose and why?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by llys)
    If you could teach only one of Physics, Chemistry or Biology in schools, which one would you choose and why?
    Physics, because I find it more interesting. No science is more important than another; to implement any of them to our benefit, you need a rough understanding of at least one of the other two.

ReputationRep:
    Depends. If you count Mathematics as a science then I personally think your poll is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16Characters....)
    Depends. If you count Mathematics as a science then I personally think your poll is wrong.
    I don't count it, because I would teach Maths in any case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    I don't count it, because I would teach Maths in any case.
    In that case I'll give my vote to physics :-)

Physics! I love Physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Physics, because I find it more interesting. No science is more important than another; to implement any of them to our benefit, you need a rough understanding of at least one of the other two.
    I think Chemistry is the most fun (at school) but not terribly relevant to real life of most people. There is a case to be made for (Human) Biology, as related to health and disease which is relevant for everyone. But overall, I would go with Physics too, for its conceptual depth, and philosophical and practical applications.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry is the most imp (even though bio's my fav) if you want to get into medicine and some of the Russell (Sp?) uni's require it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)

Biology because it's most easy for me and I would help ppl who are going through what I'm currently doing

ReputationRep:
    Every science is important????? Each science has clearly improved our lives??? Why do we have to debate this???? These threads just make me feel down bc I cant do chemistry or physics but I really wanna be like matthew mcgogharjsjfgahay in interstellar but I cant

ReputationRep:
    Physics, despite my deep hatred of the subject, it is much more useful in the real world.

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ humanity student's attempt to divide us STEM students

ReputationRep:
    if i could understand physics i'd teach it

biology teaches us about our bodies, chemistry teaches us about our world and our bodies, physics teaches us about the universe, our world and our bodies

if i could only ever study one science, and i was CAPABLE of studying and teaching it - definitely physics

ReputationRep:
    Having only done Biology and Physics as AS I would say Physics but I do enjoy Biology the most.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by llys)
    I think Chemistry is the most fun (at school) but not terribly relevant to real life of most people. There is a case to be made for (Human) Biology, as related to health and disease which is relevant for everyone. But overall, I would go with Physics too, for its conceptual depth, and philosophical and practical applications.
    Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    Every science is important????? Each science has clearly improved our lives??? Why do we have to debate this???? These threads just make me feel down bc I cant do chemistry or physics but I really wanna be like matthew mcgogharjsjfgahay in interstellar but I cant
    hahaha i love it

i agree 100% ugh

except bio isn't really up there with physics lets be honest it's more on like sociology's level
    Spoiler:
    Show
    my opinion you can't kill me

ReputationRep:
    Physics

wouldn't fancy maths at all though - afaik most pupils seem to think maths is a pointless form of torture & I think trying to overcome that would eventually wear me down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    I was wondering if teaching one science in real depth would make more sense than teaching three at a very shallow level. Then I was wondering which one I would choose and why, so I decided to ask TSR. Don't worry, I'm not saying the other two are not important, whichever they are.

All equally important

I'd teach biology and chemistry because I take them at A Level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    hahaha i love it

i agree 100% ugh

except bio isn't really up there with physics lets be honest it's more on like sociology's level
    Spoiler:
    Show
    my opinion you can't kill me
    Fully respect other's opinions gal
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Seriously, sociology? I really don't link splitting of cells during meiosis with scratching your forehead over whether a family is stable or not

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.