?
Report 3 years ago
she smoked dope before giving this report
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Whose to say they won't offend again? You have no way of knowing that.
Arkasia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Phoebe Buffay)
Not all of them. I understand there may be mitigating factors. Just the vast majority.
Oh well that's very lenient of you then, only killing the vast majority.
Chase564
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by silverbolt)
I agree they should have the right to apply. - HEAR ME OUT BEFORE GETTING THE PITCH FORK.

To deny them the right based on a certain circumstance is against the law in some regards this is true. However adoption is one of the most stringently monitored systems, this isnt the 1950s where you walked into an orphanage paid them a fiver and walked out with an irish baby. These days every possible check can and will be done. They check all your records, your social media, you finances, your family - the list goes and one of the first things is your criminal record. Anyone with a conviction like this is going to have thier rejection summarily binned.

Whilst i understand the mentality of "they have served thier time" people dont forget relatively banal stuff like shop lifting. There is no way they are going to let a sex offence get within twenty feet of a child whether working with or adopting. Most people who are on (or have been on) the sex offenders register are there for a very valid reason.

Let them apply - thier reasons may even be entirely noble - BUT no one is going to give them a child and that woman needs to shut the **** up
For a valid reason huh. Ok smart**** let me tell you what happen to my mate then and how dangerous and how quick the so called justice system is to label someone a sex offender and stick there name on the sor. My mate and i were just in a pub and chatting with his family i never left his side and even videoed him a couple of times, witch i wasnt allowed to present as evidence at his trail, after a while we all left and went to a bbq and she told her parents that he touched her up and fingered her in a crowded car WHILE HE WAS DRIVING and while i was in the passenger seat and he did not do anything other than drive. At the trail the parents then said that they saw him reach over but didnt think anything of it and said they thourt they were just playing. As a result he was giving 6yrs imprisonment and the family got £155 thousand copmensation. NOW TELL HOW THAT IS A VALID REASON FOR BEING ON THE SOR.
Also a case similar to this which I helped prove was just some made up story so the aledged victim could get money was when my grandad was still here. He was 58 when he was arrested and when he got out i read with paperwork and victim statement and pointed out that in the 1970s CBeebies didnt exsist so he filed for a retrail and her story was ripped to shreds and he won his case but it took another 3yrs to get his name off the sor. And the women got 2 and a half years for nearly wrecking someones life in the most despicable of ways is no where near long enough.
ml55
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Chase564)
For a valid reason huh. Ok smart**** let me tell you what happen to my mate then and how dangerous and how quick the so called justice system is to label someone a sex offender and stick there name on the sor. My mate and i were just in a pub and chatting with his family i never left his side and even videoed him a couple of times, witch i wasnt allowed to present as evidence at his trail, after a while we all left and went to a bbq and she told her parents that he touched her up and fingered her in a crowded car WHILE HE WAS DRIVING and while i was in the passenger seat and he did not do anything other than drive. At the trail the parents then said that they saw him reach over but didnt think anything of it and said they thourt they were just playing. As a result he was giving 6yrs imprisonment and the family got £155 thousand copmensation. NOW TELL HOW THAT IS A VALID REASON FOR BEING ON THE SOR.
Also a case similar to this which I helped prove was just some made up story so the aledged victim could get money was when my grandad was still here. He was 58 when he was arrested and when he got out i read with paperwork and victim statement and pointed out that in the 1970s CBeebies didnt exsist so he filed for a retrail and her story was ripped to shreds and he won his case but it took another 3yrs to get his name off the sor. And the women got 2 and a half years for nearly wrecking someones life in the most despicable of ways is no where near long enough.
dude this was 4 years ago read a book or smthn
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
s817
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That is so wrong, they'd end up abusing the kids they adopt not look after them.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (180)
12.78%
Excited (116)
8.24%
Worried (264)
18.75%
Terrified (328)
23.3%
Meh (113)
8.03%
Confused (33)
2.34%