Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is society based on conflict? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Need some help. Trying to find some information on this as need to write a small essay on it tomorrow in class.

I need to know whether Marxists, Functionalists, Feminists, New Right and Postmodernists believe that society is based on conflict.

Trying to find as much info as I can online but if someone could write a short paragraph for each I would really appreciate it

Thanks y'all

ReputationRep:
    Heey. I know that Marxists believe in the conflict theory. They believe that the upper class (Bourgeoisie) exploit the working class (prolerariat), as the working class have to work longer hours and get paid less. Also because the Bourgeoisie have the means of production or the opportunity to create mass culture, they can create products as propaganda to promote their high culture. Also, generally speaking, in society, men exploit women as they are have more political power and get paid more. Women are treated as inferior and have less rights than men. They are also victims of the gender pay gap. Please let me know if this helps and anything else you would like to know

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.