Bad - the work

ReputationRep:
    Good-everything
    Bad-nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Out_of_the_Blue)
    Im just interested to know
    Off top of my head first bad things that come to mind are:

1. Chance of getting an exam timetable that will completely f*** you and give you like no time to revise between exams

2. Being made to do group projects with people that are absolute morons / lazy c****s

Everything else about uni is great, and if you have the will to make it so, it will easily be the best time of your life.

ReputationRep:
    The only bad times are deadlines, I once had 13,500 words in on one day, you will never do any of these essays in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greggyt94)
    The only bad times are deadlines, I once had 13,500 words in on one day, you will never do any of these essays in advance
    whaaaaaaaaat !?
    are your people crazy :0

ReputationRep:
    Good- Milkshakes. there's something special about uni milkshakes. they're best in the world.
    bad- VP's/Sabbs- they do **** all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MAINE.)
    Off top of my head first bad things that come to mind are:

1. Chance of getting an exam timetable that will completely f*** you and give you like no time to revise between exams

2. Being made to do group projects with people that are absolute morons / lazy c****s

Everything else about uni is great, and if you have the will to make it so, it will easily be the best time of your life.
    2 is so true haha

ReputationRep:
    its really frickin hard
    you'll meet some really great folks

ReputationRep:
    Relatively Comprehensive Generalization (possible contradiction there) of University Below [Contains strong language]:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post60375691

ReputationRep:
    Good: Nightlife; independence; a lot more freedom with what work you do and when.
    Bad: It's difficult; you can't rely on parents making food when you cba to cook; adult things in general, like having to shop and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    my older bro goes

the good: social life is amazingggg
    make great friends
    your gonna get a good job after (likely)

the bad; work can get stressful
    very expensive (living on campus cost lot)

that the main points

ReputationRep:
    For me:

Good: Independence and space from family and friends
    Course content being stimulating
    Feeling as though I'm getting my money's worth
    Getting more prepared for other things like a postgrad degree and a long-term job

Bad: The amount of deadlines
    Feeling as though I'm not getting my money's worth
    Being away from people you like (family and friends) for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    The debt and loads of people graduate, a degree doesn't often make you an ideal candidate for a job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllainKahlo)
    For me:

Good: Independence and space from family and friends
    Course content being stimulating
    Feeling as though I'm getting my money's worth
    Getting more prepared for other things like a postgrad degree and a long-term job

Bad: The amount of deadlines
    Feeling as though I'm not getting my money's worth
    Being away from people you like (family and friends) for a long time.
    You'll never get your money's worth. University is essentially a cash injection to corporations (all the kids that have money to spend from student loans), and the source of salaries of academics. That's why university is so encouraged in contemporary UK academia.

TL;DR Uni (in its present form) exists to serve the pedagogical interests of academics and to provide benefits to corporations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TabulaSmaragdina)
    You'll never get your money's worth. University is essentially a cash injection to corporations (all the kids that have money to spend from student loans), and the source of salaries of academics. That's why university is so encouraged in contemporary UK academia.

TL;DR Uni (in its present form) exists to serve the pedagogical interests of academics and to provide benefits to corporations.
    Thank you, I feel totally enlightened now. Gonna drop out soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllainKahlo)
    Thank you, I feel totally enlightened now. Gonna drop out soon
    This is exactly the reason why kids are rushing off to university, and wasting 3 + years doing things they could do themselves or with a tutor in a shorter time period. And wasting money (loans will never 100% enable you to support yourself)

Food for thought. Look at Imperial's Mathematical Finance Msc and a typical Econ and Maths/ Mathematical Finance/ etc... degree and tell me if the difference in the quantity of content at Bsc and Msc justify the Bsc being at least 2 years longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TabulaSmaragdina)
    This is exactly the reason why kids are rushing off to university, and wasting 3 + years doing things they could do themselves or with a tutor in a shorter time period. And wasting money (loans will never 100% enable you to support yourself)

Food for thought. Look at Imperial's Mathematical Finance Msc and a typical Econ and Maths/ Mathematical Finance/ etc... degree and tell me if the difference in the quantity of content at Bsc and Msc justify the Bsc being at least 2 years longer.
    No thanks.

ReputationRep:
    bad: lack of help for assignments.

ReputationRep:
    Good: learning lots of new things, actually motivated to do the work, surrounded by people with similar interests
    Bad: I don't drink so I don't go to a lot of parties because being sober around a lot of drunk people isn't fun.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.