Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My teacher hasn't taught us a thing, and the whole of my class is clueless about this programming task. I've had to teach myself python and I'm a pretty good programmer (by GCSE standards) at this point - but I'm really confused with this task. What am I supposed to do exactly? How do I approach it? My teacher hasn't explained it at all and has made sure none of our classmates communicate with each other. I don't know how I'm supposed to figure this out.

I know from research that I need to make an analysis, algorithms and a test plan. But I haven't seen any exemplar material nor have I seen a similar problem. Is anyone else doing this controlled assessment right now? Do you mind helping me out?

I want to make it clear that I do not want to cheat - I'm just extremely confused about this task right now. I want to achieve a good grade and I would greatly appreciate tips.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hassnain786)
    I hope this helps a bit
    hi, do you have the gcse 2015 ocr computing paper please?

ReputationRep:
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid I do not have the actual paper but I have a few questions/topics that are in the 2015 ocr computing paper

****State an input, output and secondary storage device for a smart phone
    ****A video clip is compressed using lossy compression. Explain why lossy compression is not suitable for a text document
    ****differences between ip and MAC address
    ****state two ways a local network can be used to monitor the work of employees
    ****describe failover
    *****explain high level and machine code
    *** why a compiler is needed
    **** what is an operand and opcode
    *****off the shelf software
    ****cache memory
    There is a 6 mark question on writing an algorithm which uses iteration
    Another 6 mark is "Graeme hires a small team of programmers to work with him on a large project. Describe the standards Graeme and his team should apply to the code they produce justifying why these standards are needed.
    I hope I helped I tried to give as much as I could and good luck. If u need the 2015 Edexcel GCSE statistics paper I do have it.
    Can you send the paper for the 2015 Edexcel GCSE statistics paper please.

ReputationRep:
    hi, I'm currently doing this task for my GCSE and we've been given quite a few resources to help us, so I'll pass them on, hope this helps, also we've had to produce some truth tables to show what would happen with test data
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: pptx Task - speed cameras.pptx (254.2 KB, 419 views)
  2. File Type: pptx Average Speed Check Task 1 - planning.pptx (78.0 KB, 889 views)
  3. File Type: pptx Code guidance for task 1.pptx (62.0 KB, 344 views)

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid I do not have the actual paper but I have a few questions/topics that are in the 2015 ocr computing paper

****State an input, output and secondary storage device for a smart phone
    ****A video clip is compressed using lossy compression. Explain why lossy compression is not suitable for a text document
    ****differences between ip and MAC address
    ****state two ways a local network can be used to monitor the work of employees
    ****describe failover
    *****explain high level and machine code
    *** why a compiler is needed
    **** what is an operand and opcode
    *****off the shelf software
    ****cache memory
    There is a 6 mark question on writing an algorithm which uses iteration
    Another 6 mark is "Graeme hires a small team of programmers to work with him on a large project. Describe the standards Graeme and his team should apply to the code they produce justifying why these standards are needed.
    I hope I helped I tried to give as much as I could and good luck. If u need the 2015 Edexcel GCSE statistics paper I do have it.
    Can you send me the 2015 statistics paper please.

ReputationRep:
    Guys if you guys know anyone who has 2015 gcse ocr computing paper please tell me I really need it!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 13, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.