Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Lancaster Accomadation watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just got all the apllication forms today.

I have been told that Pendle is the 'nicest' of the colleges but I have discovered that Cartmel and Lonsdale have been recently renovated.

What are your thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Ok Pendle is know to be where all the posh southerners live but its not its just a rivalry thing that goes on between the colleges (you will find out more when you get to Lancs eg, Cartmel and County have a rivaraly too). Cartmel and Lonsdale are moving to another part of campus away from the main parts and will be expensive to live in. Flyde is said to have a sporting atmophere too. Bowland is the central college near Faraday (where some lectures are) and Pendle and Grizedale are near George Fox (also where lectures are). Avoid Grizedale if you can im told its a dump!

There is a Lancs student site at www.talktodan.com ask questions there and you are likely to get a better answer.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot

that site is very useful! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Hey Tobytoby you say you got your forms 2 days ago? I was told i wouldnt get them until july! Has anyone else recieved them. If so IM gonna write to Lancaster coz i want a good chance at getting ensuit!

ReputationRep:
    btw your not toby auld by any chance haha? if not ignore this

ReputationRep:
    Nah. This is another toby. I think he seems like a bit for a freak to me. Don't know what's up with him! Seriously strange dude.

ReputationRep:
    jaimiemaiden,

not only i got them 2 days ago, i've already sent them off!!!
    you only get the forms if you apply there 1st choice though.
    i am not toby auld btw, as jtaylor mentioned.

p.s. when you go to Hong Kong or have a lot of money, gove jtaylor (jason taylor) a ring. he has a nice house. you can find him in the phone book

ReputationRep:
    Argh... but I DID put them as my first choice and I havnt got them. if i dont get them in the next couple of days ill call them or something. Thanks guys.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.