Turn on thread page Beta

Which looks better? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I plan on re-stting two AS levels however I have been procrastinating once again and my mother has been super pissed off at me. I come from a strict Asian family and a B is like a D to her. I feel as though I only have enough time to revise for one subject and not both. So which would look better to you when you receive your grades:

Economics - C
    Geography - C

Economics - B
    Geography - No result

Im new on here so not sure if I posted in the right place.

ReputationRep:
    Stop studying to please your mother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danroj)
    So I plan on re-stting two AS levels however I have been procrastinating once again and my mother has been super pissed off at me. I come from a strict Asian family and a B is like a D to her. I feel as though I only have enough time to revise for one subject and not both. So which would look better to you when you receive your grades:

Economics - C
    Geography - C

Economics - B
    Geography - No result

Im new on here so not sure if I posted in the right place.
    What anyone thinks doesn't matter. If you're studying to please others you will not be as motivated and you may under preform. From my personal experience having studied A level economics I can tell you that it is quiet synoptic and you will not have to do that much more work or struggle to keep up with the work if you resit, in fact it may advantage you over other students. Geography I have not studied however having heard it requires a lot of essay revision and so on I would not recommend it as it may pressurize you more and make you focus less on other A levels causing you to over preform in Geography and other preform in your other A levels.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    studying for someone else has an expiration on the motivation, if you study for yourself then you're more likely to persevere until you're satisfied. when you study for yourself you wont set ridiculous goals like straight A stars, you'll set something reachable (which could be straight A stars) but when you try to please your family then the pressure of the goals they want you to have is high

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    What anyone thinks doesn't matter. If you're studying to please others you will not be as motivated and you may under preform. From my personal experience having studied A level economics I can tell you that it is quiet synoptic and you will not have to do that much more work or struggle to keep up with the work if you resit, in fact it may advantage you over other students. Geography I have not studied however having heard it requires a lot of essay revision and so on I would not recommend it as it may pressurize you more and make you focus less on other A levels causing you to over preform in Geography and other preform in your other A levels.
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    studying for someone else has an expiration on the motivation, if you study for yourself then you're more likely to persevere until you're satisfied. when you study for yourself you wont set ridiculous goals like straight A stars, you'll set something reachable (which could be straight A stars) but when you try to please your family then the pressure of the goals they want you to have is high
    (Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    Stop studying to please your mother.
    I'm not studying to please my mom but things will get quite sticky for me at home if my mom doesn't like my results. So I was wondering should I risk revising for two subjects and coming out to C's or maybe even worse grades or should I just focus on Economics and even though that means I will only have grades for 1 A level instead of 3/4, I will have a B grade (better than a C), or maybe even an A grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danroj)
    I'm not studying to please my mom but things will get quite sticky for me at home if my mom doesn't like my results. So I was wondering should I risk revising for two subjects and coming out to C's or maybe even worse grades or should I just focus on Economics and even though that means I will only have grades for 1 A level instead of 3/4, I will have a B grade (better than a C), or maybe even an A grade.
    If it was me I'd resit both. I resat a few AS modules to improve my grades. That is only if you're motivated enough to put up with the workload however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    If it was me I'd resit both. I resat a few AS modules to improve my grades. That is only if you're motivated enough to put up with the workload however.
    My exam for geo is on the 10th nov, do you think i can do it in 6 days?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.