Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Guys that prefer short girls, are you worried about how your kids will turn out? watch

Announcements

This might sound stupid and it never really occurred to me, but recently I was chatting to a mate of mine and he was talking about what he was planning for his girlfriends fourth anniversary, and the convo pretty much led to him going on about how crazy he was about her and how their future would pan out. Then he started talking about kids and stuff (weird I know, but like I said hes crazy about her) and he was saying how glad he was that shes tall (shes 5'8'' because then theres a higher chance his kids would be tall.
    Anyway, this got me thinking, cuz Im only 5'6'' and I obviously tend to go for girls shorter than me, so if I did end up being with a shorter girl then my kids would be short and Id kinda feel bad because I know how tough its been on me being a shorter guy. So guys that prefer shorter girls, does this freak you out or am I just reading too much into it?

ReputationRep:
    Interesting question. Why don't you create a short survey?

ReputationRep:
    I don't want kids.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think the majority of people care that much. Besides, there's still a chance they could be tall - I'm 5"4 but my grandfather was 6"7, so height isn't always going to be passed down

ReputationRep:
    I have kids they are only "1,3" and it's name is dan lane it's mother is around "6,7" and I am "6,1"

ReputationRep:
    You're a couple inches taller than the average female height so shorter than you encompasses quite a lot of variety. If you have kids with someone who's 5'4" for instance you'd probably expect boys to be slightly taller than you, maybe 5'7"-5'8", and girls to be slightly shorter than her, maybe 5'2"-5'3". Nothing crazy. But with someone who's like 5'0" or something, you'd be more likely to have particularly short kids. But either way, being short is not exactly the worst thing in the world. (I'm 5'5", maybe even 5'4" - girlfriend is about 5'4" incidentally). You wouldn't exactly be dooming your kids to a terrible life, they would just probably face some minor discriminations over some things, which pretty much everyone faces to some degree; everybody judges everybody after all.
    edit: Don't take much stock in the height estimates, grandparent height has a lot to do with it I think and sometimes it can just seem random lol

ReputationRep:
    No, not worried. If anything, the boy will get my god tier genetics and be 6ft+

ReputationRep:
    My family's height is passed down through gender..
    My great grandma, grandma, mum, myself and my sister are all fully grown but we're all between 4'9 and 5'3, however my great granddad, granddad, dad and brother are between 5'9 and 6'1.. so us girls got the short genes and the men got the tall ones.

My boyfriend of 2 years is around 6'2 so if we ever actually had children, the only matter I'd be worried about is whether it's a boy or girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armastan)
    however my great granddad, granddad, dad and brother are between 5'9 and 6'1.. so us girls got the short genes and the men got the tall ones.
    You missed an excellent opportunity here to make a pun - should have said "got the short end of the stick'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    You missed an excellent opportunity here to make a pun - should have said "got the short end of the stick'
    Ahhh I was going to but thought it wasn't a good idea since we have to be serious about this D:

ReputationRep:
    I have better things to do with my [short] life than worry about genetics.

ReputationRep:
    No. Many people are taller than their parents.

Each year kids are getting taller. Year 10's are like 5'8 now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armastan)
    Ahhh I was going to but thought it wasn't a good idea since we have to be serious about this D:
    It's the internet! Nothing here is serious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    Don't think the majority of people care that much. Besides, there's still a chance they could be tall - I'm 5"4 but my grandfather was 6"7, so height isn't always going to be passed down
    fyi height is most often passed down through relatives of the same gender

Would date short girls, but never have kids with a woman less than 5'8. It's a hard world out there for manlets, I wouldnt do that to my child.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm worried they may become Hogwart's professors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MAINE.)
    fyi height is most often passed down through relatives of the same gender

Would date short girls, but never have kids with a woman less than 5'8. It's a hard world out there for manlets, I wouldnt do that to my child.
    Well my mum is 5"9 so basically for some reason I'm just the short one in the family. If I ended up having kids with my current boyfriend they would very likely be short, as he is not overly tall either. But to me height doesn't matter

ReputationRep:
    height isn't necessarily a good thing for girls so it depends on whether the children are male or female

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.