Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

When a guy doesn't reply, does it almost certainly mean he is not interested? watch

He is been online for hours. I'm going online just to show I'm online. I even put my Autolock to never!

Why you gotta play mind games ugh!

I guess he isn't interested, but I still really like him. Should I just give up?

ReputationRep:
    he might be busy?

ReputationRep:
    Just call him. If it rings out or he declined your call the he's avoiding you.

(Original post by phdparker)
    he might be busy?
    It's been a week..

ReputationRep:
    OMG you are literally in exactly the same situation I was in last week. Definitely do not call him as I'm assuming you don't know him super super well- also might come across as clingy. The question I think you're probably wondering is if he is not replying because he's playing games (so he doesn't look too keen), if he just can't be bothered (there are times I'm sure when we all just can't be bothered to reply to anyone), if he's not replying because he's not interested, or he's just being a typical stupid boy. I would say that you should leave it for a day (and I know how hard that is honestly) and then maybe message him on an alternative thing, i.e. on text. Also keep in mind that he could be wondering what to say or just not know what to reply- as to be a honest just writing a quick message in reply is not going to take much time so being busy isn't a reason. You also need to bear in mind that most boys are also not as heaving invested in the keeping in contact via messaging bit while girls see it as a big thing, boys just don't have that urge to keep in contact (even if they like you). If you need any more advice feel free to message me as I was in a similar situation. Good luck! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's been a week..
    Oh.. My advice would be just leave it, or you could pop up to him?
    He may have forgotten to reply; you never know.
    If you do pop up to him, I think you should decide if he's worth it or not. If he's giving you short replies, you should give him short replies.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It's not for certain, maybe he's seeing how you'd react. Don't double message him, and if it goes on for longer just leave it and you'll forget about him.

(Original post by stochasticking)
    Just call him. If it rings out or he declined your call the he's avoiding you.
    Nah, we aren't that close.

(Original post by McBambi)
    OMG you are literally in exactly the same situation I was in last week. Definitely do not call him as I'm assuming you don't know him super super well- also might come across as clingy. The question I think you're probably wondering is if he is not replying because he's playing games (so he doesn't look too keen), if he just can't be bothered (there are times I'm sure when we all just can't be bothered to reply to anyone), if he's not replying because he's not interested, or he's just being a typical stupid boy. I would say that you should leave it for a day (and I know how hard that is honestly) and then maybe message him on an alternative thing, i.e. on text. Also keep in mind that he could be wondering what to say or just not know what to reply- as to be a honest just writing a quick message in reply is not going to take much time so being busy isn't a reason. You also need to bear in mind that most boys are also not as heaving invested in the keeping in contact via messaging bit while girls see it as a big thing, boys just don't have that urge to keep in contact (even if they like you). If you need any more advice feel free to message me as I was in a similar situation. Good luck! xxx
    Omg, Thankyou so much for such a detailed answer!! Xx

ReputationRep:
    don't over think it. If he cares, he will come back.. if not, call it a day and grab some fries and watch scary movies.

(Original post by SeanFM)
    It's not for certain, maybe he's seeing how you'd react. Don't double message him, and if it goes on for longer just leave it and you'll forget about him.
    :/ okay, thanks. I was the one who started it too when he didn't drop a message after adding him. He is hugely into video games though but he is online hours at a time so he's probably not interested. Ugh, life is so unfair

(Original post by phdparker)
    Oh.. My advice would be just leave it, or you could pop up to him?
    He may have forgotten to reply; you never know.
    If you do pop up to him, I think you should decide if he's worth it or not. If he's giving you short replies, you should give him short replies.
    What does "pop up to" mean..?

(Original post by Salty Pop)
    don't over think it. If he cares, he will come back.. if not, call it a day and grab some fries and watch scary movies.
    Alright, so what movie do you recommend?

ReputationRep:
    Alright, so what movie do you recommend?
    woman in black is pretty good, insidious 1 is also up there. I loved amity ville horror
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    :/ okay, thanks. I was the one who started it too when he didn't drop a message after adding him. He is hugely into video games though but he is online hours at a time so he's probably not interested. Ugh, life is so unfair
    Or he's a geek and doesn't had very good social skills. :dontknow: :console:

Disturbia is one of the few horror movies I've seen as I don't like them but I thought that was good.

Or go and watch Spectre with some friends :borat:

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the post above that says guys aren't as invested in constant messaging and stuff, it's less important but I do think you have to be realistic that if a guy is interested in a girl, he will make the effort to keep in contact somehow.

I always find it a bit amusing when girls **** guys off for not replying/not being interested, but they reserve the right to ignore unwanted suitors themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Are you talking about tsr or whatsapp im confused??

(Original post by saeed97)
    Are you talking about tsr or whatsapp im confused??
    Lol, whatsapp

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Or he's a geek and doesn't had very good social skills. :dontknow: :console:

Disturbia is one of the few horror movies I've seen as I don't like them but I thought that was good.

Or go and watch Spectre with some friends :borat:
    Thanks! I'll have a look at Disturbia and all of my friends don't like James Bond so I'm going to have to go myself yay

(Original post by Salty Pop)
    woman in black is pretty good, insidious 1 is also up there. I loved amity ville horror
    I have seen insidious and heard about amity vile horror, i think I'll watch it today. Thanks xD

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.