Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Predicted grades for International Students watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Good evening,

I am applying from Canada and my guidance counsellor can't give me my predicted grades. UCAS hasn't asked me for them yet, but I believe I will need them sooner or later. Does anyone know what I should do? thank you very much and have a great day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thedutchtouch)
    Good evening,

I am applying from Canada and my guidance counsellor can't give me my predicted grades. UCAS hasn't asked me for them yet, but I believe I will need them sooner or later. Does anyone know what I should do? thank you very much and have a great day!
    Your referee (probably your guidance counsellor) will need to give you predicted grades in your reference. Unfortunately there isn't really any way around this. Your guidance counsellor will need to speak to your teachers and ask them to predict a grade for their subject and then do it that way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good evening,

Since I took a few gap years to work and am applying through UCAS individually (also from Canada) I was wondering whether you know if we only put our top six marks in? or how does that procedure work? I just started my ucas a day ago so trying to figure things out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bricegower)
    Since I took a few gap years to work and am applying through UCAS individually (also from Canada) I was wondering whether you know if we only put our top six marks in? or how does that procedure work? I just started my ucas a day ago so trying to figure things out.
    Hey there just noticed your message! I believe that universities will be needing your top 6, at least that's what many of them state in their admission criteria. Hopefully you'll be able to figure it out. Where are you applying if I may ask?

ReputationRep:
    It is mandatory that you disclose all past educational history and qualifications.

I would just play it safe and include all scores/grades on all the certificates Ive received.

ReputationRep:
    Hey there just noticed your message! I believe that universities will be needing your top 6, at least that's what many of them state in their admission criteria. Hopefully you'll be able to figure it out. Where are you applying if I may ask?
    You'll need to give details of all qualifications you've received/are going to receive, not just those included in your offer. If universities find out you haven't declared all your qualifications, they can withdraw your offer at any time- including at/after enrollment.

Your referee will also need to provide predicted grades, and unfortunately, there really is no way around this. Your teachers must have some idea as to what you are likely to achieve!

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering, where do we give these details? Regarding your grades and certificates because st not on UCAS

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering, where do we give these details? Regarding your grades and certificates because st not on UCAS
    Does a university expect you to state them and if so where? thanks

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.