Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Basically, I've had a lot of issues with my sexuality of late, settling on referring to myself as being on the gay side of bisexual i.e. attracted to girls but with some guy exceptions. The problem is because I've had so much trouble accepting myself over the years, every time I feel attracted to a guy my next thought is automatically "Yes; so I'm still bisexual!" which gets me questioning whether I'm in denial again. I'm pretty sure the attraction is genuine but it's like as soon as I relate it to my sexuality it kind of ruins it. Even if it is a denial thing, I just want to enjoy the fact the person is attractive but I can't. How do I stop this automatically happening? It's a pain in the arse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically, I've had a lot of issues with my sexuality of late, settling on referring to myself as being on the gay side of bisexual i.e. attracted to girls but with some guy exceptions. The problem is because I've had so much trouble accepting myself over the years, every time I feel attracted to a guy my next thought is automatically "Yes; so I'm still bisexual!" which gets me questioning whether I'm in denial again. I'm pretty sure the attraction is genuine but it's like as soon as I relate it to my sexuality it kind of ruins it. Even if it is a denial thing, I just want to enjoy the fact the person is attractive but I can't. How do I stop this automatically happening? It's a pain in the arse.
    Hey, I'm sorry to hear you're having these difficulties. I think these days we're all under so much pressure to pigeonhole ourselves into one distinct sexuality. It can really mess with your head. Be patient with yourself. Maybe for now you can just acknowledge that you're attracted to people. It's ok to be bisexual and still have a preference for one particular gender though.

Can I ask if you have ever been in a relationship with a guy before? How did it feel in comparison to being with a girl? As in, which one felt more natural to you?

(Original post by godivaontherocks)
    Hey, I'm sorry to hear you're having these difficulties. I think these days we're all under so much pressure to pigeonhole ourselves into one distinct sexuality. It can really mess with your head. Be patient with yourself. Maybe for now you can just acknowledge that you're attracted to people. It's ok to be bisexual and still have a preference for one particular gender though.

Can I ask if you have ever been in a relationship with a guy before? How did it feel in comparison to being with a girl? As in, which one felt more natural to you?
    I've never been in a relationship full stop :/

Bump.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.