Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just found out today that there's this little shop very close to where I live, selling books and stationeries is closing its door after 10 years in the neighbourhood. The lady who's always manning the counter is really kind and very professional; whenever I needed to buy something e.g. a book, she would ask kindly the title or the publisher and she would find it for me (unlike some stores who won't even bother looking). Though she's very kind and professional, I'm not actually close to her, and I don't go to her shop often but if I needed anything, I'd definitely go to her shop.

I went to her shop today to buy a book and she said business is not doing so well and they are going to have a clearance sale this coming December. I was surprised but didn't convey much after that. I said that I'll see her around and said my goodbyes afterwards.

I feel terrible for not being more supportive when she said the shop is closing its doors; the lady is not the owner of the store, but I felt that I could say more to be more supportive. Was I rude here or should I just let it be?

ReputationRep:
    well it's too bad the big businesses are stealing business away, what can you really do about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    well it's too bad the big businesses are stealing business away, what can you really do about it?
    Was thinking the same thing; I mean, what can I do? But I was hoping that I could say something a bit more supportive

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.