Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do guys like to be asked out? watch

Announcements

There's a guy who went to my high school I've fancied for quite a number of years. I've dropped a few hints and he seemed somewhat interested in me but not interested enough to ask me out.

Should I ask him out when he breaks up with his current gf?

ReputationRep:
    Yes - more girls should do this its proactive btw you're strategy is sound as well thats when hell be vulnerable to rebound/replacement option.

(Original post by Skeptique)
    Yes - more girls should do this its proactive btw you're strategy is sound as well thats when hell be vulnerable to rebound/replacement option.
    How would I even go about it though?

He's FAF I've fancied him for about ten years but I can't do it over facebook can I?

ReputationRep:
    Lol what makes you think they are going to break up? What if they don't break up until 2025? Are you still going to be waiting around?

The moment I hear someone is in a relationship I'm no longer interested and I move on. I'm not waiting around for no one, more fish in the sea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How would I even go about it though?

He's FAF I've fancied him for about ten years but I can't do it over facebook can I?
    Ask him to take your virginity

(Original post by phunky_fresh)
    Lol what makes you think they are going to break up? What if they don't break up until 2025? Are you still going to be waiting around?

The moment I hear someone is in a relationship I'm no longer interested and I move on. I'm not waiting around for no one, more fish in the sea.
    Because I've fancied him for so long and I can't seem to drop him.

ReputationRep:
    Don't drop hints you should just be straight with him and tell him how you feel

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Foreverton)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay, will do at next available opportunity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foreverton)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes it's always a good idea to let people in relationships know how much you like them. Let's not bother to consider his girlfriend in any of this.

Ask him to take your virginity
    Lmao I don't just want to be a quick shag to him though

ReputationRep:
    Because I've fancied him for so long and I can't seem to drop him.
    How comes you didn't tell him ages ago?

How comes you didn't tell him ages ago?
    Probably for the same reason guys don't; too scared of being rejected

I thought my hints were strong enough tbh

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's always a good idea to let people in relationships know how much you like them. Let's not bother to consider his girlfriend in any of this.
    I get that but he has a right to know how you feel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lmao I don't just want to be a quick shag to him though
    Your virginity is the bait - keep him for as long as you like but you have to get him first. If he doesnt respond to the virginity thing, promise him anal or a threesome (just make sure the other girl is not as pretty as you)

ReputationRep:
    There's a guy who went to my high school I've fancied for quite a number of years. I've dropped a few hints and he seemed somewhat interested in me but not interested enough to ask me out.

Should I ask him out when he breaks up with his current gf?
    Some guys do but some guys don't.
    So you are waiting for him to break up with his gf? Maybe he wasn't into you if his got a girlfriend and you just got the wrong hints.

(Original post by loveleest)
    Some guys do but some guys don't.
    So you are waiting for him to break up with his gf? Maybe he wasn't into you if his got a girlfriend and you just got the wrong hints.
    You're probably right, I have aspergers so it's entirely possible I misread some things.

I shall have to settle with gazing from afar but never obtaining, much like one would gaze wistfully at the crown jewels

Your virginity is the bait - keep him for as long as you like but you have to get him first. If he doesnt respond to the virginity thing, promise him anal or a threesome (just make sure the other girl is not as pretty as you)
    Other posters were probably right; men like to be the ones initiating in most cases and he is definatly that type of guy so he probably would have asked me out by now.

I'll look from afar but never do anything about it. I was probably wrong anyway.

Imo, there are two issues here - you as the girl asking the guy out and the guy you're interested in already being in a relationship - and you shouldn't confuse the two. In these circumstances, you shouldn't be too forward since you have to bear in mind that you might disrupt a happy relationship and it may not result in him being inclined to go out with you anyway.

If the next guy you're interested in is single, I don't see the problem in you being proactive. Guy 2 might well like you but be having the same fears and it would be silly if both of you want to move forward with each other but no one breaks the deadlock!

But, yeah, I think 10yrs "unrequited love" for guy 1 is more than enough. Absent of any meaningful indications to you that he's interested in your during that period, it's way past time to get him out of your system.

Btw, I'm about as far from a relationship guru as it's possible to be, but I've done the same thing and quietly held a candle for someone for years and not done anything about it, and ultimately it was all wasted time and "love"; I later realised that it was more an infatuation than anything else. Said person went on to marry someone else and is now in circumstances that I wouldn't want to be in.

ReputationRep:
    You're probably right, I have aspergers so it's entirely possible I misread some things.

I shall have to settle with gazing from afar but never obtaining, much like one would gaze wistfully at the crown jewels
    Honestly, if a guy is really interested in you he would ask you out.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Other posters were probably right; men like to be the ones initiating in most cases and he is definatly that type of guy so he probably would have asked me out by now.

I'll look from afar but never do anything about it. I was probably wrong anyway.
    Not being funny but what makes you so sure he will break up with his girlfriend, some guys just say that to keep you as an option.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.