Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Why are some girls so passive aggressive when confronted? watch

ReputationRep:
    I haven't ever seen a guy do this, but if you call some girls out on something they'll start laughing in a weird way and "making faces"/rolling their eyes but not actually defend themselves or reply. Especially if they have their friends nearby, they'll start making faces at each other and refuse to listen.

For example, I saw some rude teenage girl barge in front of an old lady at Boots the other day and the old lady called after her "Manners, please". The girl just laughed and made a face.

Maybe guys do do it I haven't seen it though. How do you deal with people like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiotGirll)
    I haven't ever seen a guy do this, but if you call some girls out on something they'll start laughing in a weird way and "making faces"/rolling their eyes but not actually defend themselves or reply. Especially if they have their friends nearby, they'll start making faces at each other and refuse to listen.

For example, I saw some rude teenage girl barge in front of an old lady at Boots the other day and the old lady called after her "Manners, please". The girl just laughed and made a face.

Maybe guys do do it I haven't seen it though. How do you deal with people like that?
    ugh, some people are just super immature and It can't be helped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    ugh, some people are just super immature and It can't be helped.
    Real talk

ReputationRep:
    That isn't passive-aggressive behaviour, it's just avoidance of confrontation. It seems quite common for girls to do, although I don't know why.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Partially this

Another issue in my opinion is a lot of girls seem to think they're gods gift to the world, thus the normal rules don't apply to them. I would hazard a guess it's due to being their parent/'s darling little princess who cannot do anything wrong.

ReputationRep:
    That type of behaviour make me wanna slap them

ReputationRep:
    I tend to agree as well :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    That isn't passive-aggressive behaviour, it's just avoidance of confrontation. It seems quite common for girls to do, although I don't know why.
    It seems passive aggressive to me particularly if it's in a group, like theyre being dismissive but too pussy to actually argue back :lol: Agreed DanB1991 - every girl I know who acts like this sometimes has parents who spoil her rotten lol or white knight male friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanB1991)
    Another issue in my opinion is a lot of girls seem to think they're gods gift to the world, thus the normal rules don't apply to them.
    Unsure where you got this point of view from. But judging from your posts you seem to be pretty in love with yourself. Perhaps you need to take a long hard look at yourself before being immature and generalising all females in this incorrect manner

OP, as someone else has stated, this isn't passive aggression. It's more just immaturity. And yes, plenty of guys do it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celloel)
    Unsure where you got this point of view from. But judging from your posts you seem to be pretty in love with yourself. Perhaps you need to take a long hard look at yourself before being immature and generalising all females in this incorrect manner

OP, as someone else has stated, this isn't passive aggression. It's more just immaturity. And yes, plenty of guys do it too.
    Maybe its less common up North as we are usually more open. I have a lot of male as well as female friends and never seen this (apart from when my cousin was telling off a group of schoolboys for littering on his front yard lol)

How do you deal with people acting like that?

ReputationRep:
    How do you deal with people acting like that?
    If I don't know them I generally ignore it. If it's done in a particularly rude manner sometimes I might say something (for example in the situation with the old woman you mentioned, "Excuse me but she was in front of you, it's rude to pull faces like that" etc)

If it's a friend I'll tell them to stop & that it's rude to do that sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    It seems passive aggressive to me particularly if it's in a group, like theyre being dismissive but too pussy to actually argue back :lol: Agreed DanB1991 - every girl I know who acts like this sometimes has parents who spoil her rotten lol or white knight male friends
    I know what you mean, but it's a term people misuse all the time. Stuff like leaving 'passive aggressive' notes isn't strictly passive aggressive, for example, and neither is the example in this thread of directing criticism of someone at a person other than the subject. Passive aggression is where someone conveys hostility by purposefully doing something badly, or not at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanB1991)
    Another issue in my opinion is a lot of girls
    A lot of =/= all

ReputationRep:

Yes because the phrase "a lot" automatically equals the entire female race.....

And yes while a few guys do partake in such behaviour, I have witnessed it much more often with women. I've also noticed the girls who do partake in such behaviour that I know their parents would be the type who felt they could do no wrong. Also from my time at school I generally found such girls would generally be the ones who's parents also would be the ones to defend them when they misbehaved. Admittedly at school level guys partake in this behaviour much more often, but by their 20's most have grown out of it while I still see girls acting that way, sometimes into their late 20's early 30's.

I would agree it is immaturity, which actually was brought up in conversation with a few of us last night. It always seems those who see themselves as the most mature (aka girls who at 16-18 target guys in their late 20's) tend to be the least mature in many respects.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.