The Student Room Group

My ex is having sex in the next room

Scroll to see replies

Sorry about what you've had to go through.

You used to love her but now you don't but the opposite of love is indifference. Don't waste your energy hating her. I think you should say hello etc when you see her - it's not much fun for either of you or the rest of the house if you're trying to avoid each other.
Thanks for the feedback guys. It's a bit of an awkward situation. I can handle stress with uni or at home. But having to deal with both at the same time can be a little overwhelming. I'll suck it up and try my best to be indifferent :smile: thanks again
Original post by Precious Illusions
Lol, what could you really do though?

That's a really ****ty situation OP. Can you not go stay with family/friends for a bit till you're in a better financial place to move out? If not, tell her it's really unfair of her to be doing that and ask that she go to his place. You dodged a bullet tbh, she clearly has no respect for you.

Agreed, I think I'll stay with a friend on campus for a few days. I don't want to say anything because its her house too. And i can't be arsed with the agro :smile:
Reply 43
Go put some laxative in her drink and lock the toilet door. :colone:
Reply 44
Lol this thread is great, she's a whore so consider yourself lucky
Thats great amount of 30 pounds of income , sometimes you can turn his into more money if you know how to ..
Original post by thegooseboots
Standard breakup really, I'm 20, so is she. We were together for 2 years, we live together. She cheated on me on a diving trip with a 37 y/o diving instructor. She ended it, now they're in a relationship, Having sex in the next room. What the hell is life? What should i even do?

Become a diving instructor?
Standard breakup really, I'm 20, so is she. We were together for 2 years, we live together. She cheated on me on a diving trip with a 37 y/o diving instructor. She ended it, now they're in a relationship, Having sex in the next room. What the hell is life? What should i even do?

It is bad to ask "pic of the diving instructor?"
I suppose either ignore, or move.

Thank your lucky stars you're not with that train-wreck of a girl.

See it less as her dumping you, but as the universe freeing you from someone who has economically viable proven reserves of bull****-you-don't-need.

When she gets fed up of that 37 yo sad-act driving instructor? I suspect sooner or later he will be equally ired of this girl's ****.

Plus you're young so plenty of years left to get around, meet new interesting people, try and even succeed to **** a few of the female ones.

And years from now when you're 37 and this girl comes crawling back, just smile, say you appreciate it but you're married with a young family, your wife is at least 200% the woman she is, and you wouldn't want to deal with your ex and her life-long problems that still follow her anyway.
Then you wish her luck with her rehab/debts/personal troubles, close the door and go back to your lunch with the missus.

It feels **** NOW, but that is just a transitory thing.
In the short term obviously you probably want to move out, maybe go NC afterwards. Either way try and let it slide off your back. She aint even your problem no more.
Is there no way you can move out?
Also, talk to her about it? Explain that it's not fair (or right) and that if she wants to have sex with him make the effort to do it when you're not in or find somewhere else to do it. I can't imagine how that must feel, especially if you still have feelings for her!
Speak to your landlord and see if you can be released from the contract if they/you find a new tenant or if you can fill the room with a lodger - your university might have a student housing page for people looking for a room/to get a room filled, and the site spareroom is good as well. As its approaching Christmas exchange students might be coming over wanting a room, or their housemates trying to get one filled if they are about to leave.
If you go down the lodger route, remember to take a deposit for damages and deposit for rent in case they skip out on a month and put it in a Deposit protection scheme so they can't sue you - your landlord might do this for you. I had a spare room I needed to fill so I can give you advice on this front. Also speak to your university student support and see what they advice.

As for your ex-girlfriend, well I'm a diver and have a friend that is a diving instructor* so either she's using him to level up or he's using her for a bit of fresh young meat and will dispose of her like last nights take away when he finds himself another impressionable young student. These relationships pretty much never last and are rarely a level playing field.
So in the meantime bear that thought in mind, feel a little smug about it if you can, and give her judgmental looks every time she wanders into the kitchen for a cup of tea.

*We're not all like this, I've just heard plenty of stories.
what a total bitch...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending