Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

National Insurance Number - HELP! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I've just been accepted for a part time job whilst I'm at University, which I'm desperate to start, although I've lost (and I've known about this for a while ) my letter confirming my NI number.

I know you can show pay slips but I'm actually required to have a copy of that letter for this job, so what's the best (quickest) way to go about having a new letter issued? And if you've had experience, how long does it normally take?

I've filled out a form on HMRC to request a new one but I've got to post that to them, then they've got to do their work, then send it out!

There's no way I'll be able to get my original letter.

Any help is appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    I find the information online really confusing and contradicting at times, if you're wondering why I haven't just looked online (which I have extensively)

ReputationRep:
    What do you want us to say/do?

All you can do is contract HMRC and get it from them.

ReputationRep:
    Call the number on the hmrc website but stay silent (i.e. don't answer the automated voice questions thing). You'll be put through to a human and you can request to get a letter confirming your NI to be posted to your home. It'll come between 5-10 working days.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.