Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I'm applying to do an LLM at Cambridge, starting in 2016.

I will only be 20 years old for the duration of the course, and so I am having trouble choosing a college.

I'm generally considering colleges near the centre that are also a reasonable walking distance from Sidgwick site.
    I don't want to be at a college where I will live exclusively with postgrads in offsite housing, because many of them will be significantly older than me. I would rather be living onsite, at a college where I will be living amongst both under and post grads.

I was wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation or can impart some advice?

Thanks! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laraali1)
    Hi guys,

I will only be 20 years old for the duration of the course, and so I am having trouble choosing a college.

I'm generally considering colleges near the centre that are also a reasonable walking distance from Sidgwick site.
    I don't want to be at a college where I will live exclusively with postgrads in offsite housing, because many of them will be significantly older than me. I would rather be living onsite, at a college where I will be living amongst both under and post grads.

I was wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation or can impart some advice?

Thanks! x
    Probably better to put this question in the Cambridge Postgrad applications thread here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3533661

Generally though, if you want a college where postgrads live on the main college site you won't be looking at the central colleges.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laraali1)
    Hi guys,

Thanks! x
    (Original post by Jantaculum)
    Probably better to put this question in the Cambridge Postgrad applications thread here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3533661

Generally though, if you want a college where postgrads live on the main college site you won't be looking at the central colleges.
    Even for out of town centre (non-mature) colleges, I think majority postgrads live off-site. Also not all postgraduates are offered college accommodation, anyway.
    Also, just living on a main site doesn't necessarily help you to interact with undergraduates as everyone is working busy on their own timetable, they're on JCR and postgrads are MCR, etc.etc. Most of clubs/societies are open for both undergrads and postgrads, so that's perhaps the best way to actually 'meet' and mix with undergrads, and it's not necessary to live on on-site accomm for that anyway.
    And large majority of masters' students are 21/22 yrs old, so they're not that much older than you.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.