Is anyone else not really liking uni anymore? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 49 years ago
I'm in my third year and I am going to finish but I just really do not enjoy university at all anymore, I don't want to go to things and I don't want to do the work, I'm just doing the work because I have to. I hate feeling like this because it makes it all so difficult and there's still so much more to do before I'm finished. Does anyone else feel like this?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
yep 100% pal. you are not alone. glad to see i am not alone either, do not like uni at all.
TorpidPhil
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah it's ****.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm glad I'm not alone! I was so excited when I started but I really did not want to go back this year. I hate having to go to lectures and do all the work and I've been told to look at the positives but there's still so much more to do till I get to the end of the year. I really hate it, like now I know that I have to work tomorrow which makes me feel rubbish. I don't know how I can get through the year feeling like this, I want to finish but it's just getting there is not fun!
Anonymous #1
I also hope this doesn't affect my grades
seizetoday
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
First year and I hate it.
bownessie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My last year kinda sucked. I wasn't motivated and hated it. But I survived, managed to get the 2.1 and am now out of uni and a lot happier with life. Hang in there
Anonymous #1
(Original post by seizetoday)
First year and I hate it.
It's annoying you feel like that so early, have you considered changing course? Sometimes it does get better
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bownessie)
My last year kinda sucked. I wasn't motivated and hated it. But I survived, managed to get the 2.1 and am now out of uni and a lot happier with life. Hang in there
Thanks! I'm excited about next year, although I know it won't be perfect but it will be better than this, I just don't know how I'm going to get there, every time I have to work or think about that I need to work, just does not feel good.
Captain Jack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm in my third year and I am going to finish but I just really do not enjoy university at all anymore, I don't want to go to things and I don't want to do the work, I'm just doing the work because I have to. I hate feeling like this because it makes it all so difficult and there's still so much more to do before I'm finished. Does anyone else feel like this?
When I was at uni, I felt exactly the same - I was ready to crack on with work.

But I'm glad I went through the motions to secure my degree. Even though I wasn't enjoying it, I actually worked harder in my third year than the previous two. I guess that extra effort distracted me a bit from the bits I wasn't enjoying.

Funnily enough, as much as I disliked education from A-levels to the end of my degree. Now after having a long break, I'd love to go back and do something else.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Captain Jack)
When I was at uni, I felt exactly the same - I was ready to crack on with work.

But I'm glad I went through the motions to secure my degree. Even though I wasn't enjoying it, I actually worked harder in my third year than the previous two. I guess that extra effort distracted me a bit from the bits I wasn't enjoying.

Funnily enough, as much as I disliked education from A-levels to the end of my degree. Now after having a long break, I'd love to go back and do something else.
Usually I can just get into my work but this year I'm just struggling with concentrating and it's like a consistent cycle of dread, hate and stress.

I think a break can be really useful, you could always try to do something else if you can save the money
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.29%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.57%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.41%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (36)
14.69%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.24%
How can I be the best version of myself? (73)
29.8%

Watched Threads