Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is anyone else not really liking uni anymore? watch

I'm in my third year and I am going to finish but I just really do not enjoy university at all anymore, I don't want to go to things and I don't want to do the work, I'm just doing the work because I have to. I hate feeling like this because it makes it all so difficult and there's still so much more to do before I'm finished. Does anyone else feel like this?

yep 100% pal. you are not alone. glad to see i am not alone either, do not like uni at all.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's ****.

I'm glad I'm not alone! I was so excited when I started but I really did not want to go back this year. I hate having to go to lectures and do all the work and I've been told to look at the positives but there's still so much more to do till I get to the end of the year. I really hate it, like now I know that I have to work tomorrow which makes me feel rubbish. I don't know how I can get through the year feeling like this, I want to finish but it's just getting there is not fun!

I also hope this doesn't affect my grades

ReputationRep:
    First year and I hate it.

ReputationRep:
    My last year kinda sucked. I wasn't motivated and hated it. But I survived, managed to get the 2.1 and am now out of uni and a lot happier with life. Hang in there

(Original post by seizetoday)
    First year and I hate it.
    It's annoying you feel like that so early, have you considered changing course? Sometimes it does get better

(Original post by bownessie)
    My last year kinda sucked. I wasn't motivated and hated it. But I survived, managed to get the 2.1 and am now out of uni and a lot happier with life. Hang in there
    Thanks! I'm excited about next year, although I know it won't be perfect but it will be better than this, I just don't know how I'm going to get there, every time I have to work or think about that I need to work, just does not feel good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm in my third year and I am going to finish but I just really do not enjoy university at all anymore, I don't want to go to things and I don't want to do the work, I'm just doing the work because I have to. I hate feeling like this because it makes it all so difficult and there's still so much more to do before I'm finished. Does anyone else feel like this?
    When I was at uni, I felt exactly the same - I was ready to crack on with work.

But I'm glad I went through the motions to secure my degree. Even though I wasn't enjoying it, I actually worked harder in my third year than the previous two. I guess that extra effort distracted me a bit from the bits I wasn't enjoying.

Funnily enough, as much as I disliked education from A-levels to the end of my degree. Now after having a long break, I'd love to go back and do something else.

(Original post by Captain Jack)
    When I was at uni, I felt exactly the same - I was ready to crack on with work.

But I'm glad I went through the motions to secure my degree. Even though I wasn't enjoying it, I actually worked harder in my third year than the previous two. I guess that extra effort distracted me a bit from the bits I wasn't enjoying.

Funnily enough, as much as I disliked education from A-levels to the end of my degree. Now after having a long break, I'd love to go back and do something else.
    Usually I can just get into my work but this year I'm just struggling with concentrating and it's like a consistent cycle of dread, hate and stress.

I think a break can be really useful, you could always try to do something else if you can save the money

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.