Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

contraceptive implant help? watch

Announcements

Would i look stupid if i went to the clinic worrying that my contraceptive implant has broken after only a few days of it being in my arm? I had the implant put in my arm on friday for the first time and me and my partner want to have intercourse when it starts working this friday but ive been reading on the internet that the implant can break. When i was at work on Saturday, i banged my arm by accident quite a few times so im just worried if it has broken as it is placed quite close to the surface of my arm so i would imagine it could break quite easily. Im not sure how flexible they are as my doctor didnt show me the implant before she put it in my arm. I would rather go to the clinic before friday and have an xray or something just to make sure everything is okay just before i have any intercourse. I dont know how to tell / what it feels like when it has snapped you see so i would need an xray or something.. am i worrying too much?

ReputationRep:
    You should be able to tell if it's broken. When I had the implant, I could put my fingers at either end of it on my skin and feel it, I'd have been able to tell if it broke. However depending on swelling and just the general shape of you arm you may not be able to, I think it's very unlikely it has broken but there's no harm in ringing the clinic to see if they can tell you
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Unless you've broken your arm in the right place, it's extremely unlikely that you've broken it. Even if you did, in most cases, the contraceptive effect would continue.

But you're worried, so talk to them about popping in for a check. It shouldn't need an x-ray - a simple feel should suffice.

You would be able to tell if it was broken. They are really flexible and I'd say quite difficult to break, since you've had it for a couple of days it's probably just sore. The amount of times I've banged mine etc it's been fine

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.