Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I will be sending off my UCAS tomorrow but still undecided with my last (non-LNAT) uni option. I am stuck between Newcastle and QMUL. Could someone tell me what they would choose and why? Newcastle is cheap and has good nightlife, with a good overall reputation; QMUL though, is in London, a campus uni, more diverse (I am an international - Russian - student).

I am skeptical on QMUL's reputation; it seems good for law but graduate employment is nowhere on par with KCL/UCL. Newcastle seems fine though.

So, how much is London an advantage / interesting, fun to live in (as a foreigner)?
    Is London as expensive as people claim it to be?
    Would it be easier to get a training contract after QMUL or Newcastle?
    Which would be a safer option (heard QMUL could let you in with AAA as well)?

QMUL offer is A*AA, while Newcastle's is AAA.
    My other choices are Bristol (AAA), Nottingham, KCL, UCL (all A*AA).

Sorry for the long post but still very undecided.

ReputationRep:
    bump??

ReputationRep:
    anyone??

ReputationRep:
    please?

ReputationRep:
    In my own personal view as a qualified lawyer, I would prefer Newcastle. It is a very good law school with excellent facilities and has always placed well in law firms. I think there is a an accepted view amongst the legal professional that Newcastle is an excellent law school with a very good faculty.

This is not to say that QM is not good. It is but since it is more of an up and coming institution, my inclination would be to say that from a practitioner point of view and future lawyer, an a good LLB from Newcastle will set you to an good career in law.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.