itsyahg
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have to do a social, moral or ethical speech in school and I have no idea what to talk about, any ideas? it has to be a five minute speech, no boring topics please and I need something that can catch my teacher's attention. ty all :*
Simes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
"It is wrong to keep pets when there are people starving in the world." I did that as an essay and it certainly created an impression on the English teacher.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by itsyahg)
I have to do a social, moral or ethical speech in school and I have no idea what to talk about, any ideas?
Do you watch the news or read a (quality) newspaper? Plenty of topics to choose from...

How about refugees and migration, for a start. Or Tax Credits. Or the role of food banks. Or the right to die. Or...

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1799249
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Simes)
"It is wrong to keep pets when there are people starving in the world." I did that as an essay and it certainly created an impression on the English teacher.
Is it right to discard a third of the food we produce because it is not deemed "perfect"?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...aste-episode-1
JW22
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do a speech on the concept of morality and look at if there is a definitive objective view of morality and how that can affect the way we view life. And if there is no such thing as an objective view of morality, doing a speech about moral ideas is completely irrelevant.
itsyahg
Rep:
?
(Original post by Simes)
Thanks, that would be quite an interesting topic to talk about but I hope it doesn't offend the audience if they have a pet
itsyahg
Rep:
?
(Original post by jneill)
Do you watch the news or read a (quality) newspaper? Plenty of topics to choose from...

How about refugees and migration, for a start. Or Tax Credits. Or the role of food banks. Or the right to die. Or...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't watch the news often no, thanks for the ideas
itsyahg
Rep:
?
(Original post by JW22)
Do a speech on the concept of morality and look at if there is a definitive objective view of morality and how that can affect the way we view life. And if there is no such thing as an objective view of morality, doing a speech about moral ideas is completely irrelevant.
that's a brilliant idea but i'm not sure if I can talk for 5 minutes about that, and yeah that's very true. thanks!
Alexion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Is it right to discard a third of the food we produce because it is not deemed "perfect"?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...aste-episode-1
Nope. It p****s me off.

As someone who works in a supermarket and often has to do the disposals, it really hurts having to throw away a box of 17 eggs because 1 of them is broken. Just policy.

I asked my supervisor why, and they said "...it's easier that way. We don't really agree with it either, but it's just the way we do things..."
Simes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by itsyahg)
Thanks, that would be quite an interesting topic to talk about but I hope it doesn't offend the audience if they have a pet
If you can do a moral or ethical speech and not offend anybody, it probably wasn't worth doing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (71)
37.57%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
10.05%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.35%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (47)
24.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.23%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
7.94%

Watched Threads