Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hope everything's gone well today! :yay:

The main Oxford chat area is here - you meet current students and applicants

BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT)
    ClassicsAdmissions Test (CAT)
    EnglishLiterature Admissions Test (ELAT)
    HistoryAptitude Test (HAT)
    MathematicsAdmissions Test (MAT)
    ModernLanguages Admissions Tests (MLAT)
    OrientalLanguages Aptitude Test (OLAT)
    PhysicsAptitude Test (PAT)
    University of Oxford Philosophy Test
    ThinkingSkills Assessment (TSA)

Restrictions on discussion of the tests on TSR

OxfordTest-takers shouldnot post test questions or discuss answers, or post the test paper(s).

These restrictions will extend to discussions about exams' tested content, specific questions or question numbers and provisional exam answers or mark schemes.

This, however, does not mean all discussion about these exams will be restricted: it's okay to talk about having just sat the exam, or whether or not you found it difficult.

What is not okay is giving away any information that might cause one student to have an unfair advantage over another.

For example:· "I just sat the PAT and it was so stressful! [img]file:///C:/Users/HANNAH~1.POU/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/img] There's just so little time to do everything in!" is okay.

"I found question 2 really hard" or "The question about strain gauges was hard" is not okay.· "How did everyone else find the exam?" is okay.· "What did everyone else put for question 2?" is not.

These restrictions will be in place from 09:00GMT on Wednesday 4 November until 17:00 GMT on Thursday 5 November. In the interests of yourselves and your fellow students, and in the interest of maintaining the fairness of the exam, please avoid discussion as outlined above during this time frame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Hey all,

I'm just bringing these together in one place so hopefully people can find them.

BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT)
    ClassicsAdmissions Test (CAT)
    EnglishLiterature Admissions Test (ELAT)
    HistoryAptitude Test (HAT)
    MathematicsAdmissions Test (MAT)
    ModernLanguages Admissions Tests (MLAT)
    OrientalLanguages Aptitude Test (OLAT)
    PhysicsAptitude Test (PAT)
    Universityof Oxford Philosophy Test
    ThinkingSkills Assessment (TSA)

Has anyone seen a thread for Philosophy?

:yay:Good luck for tomorrow everyone! :yay:

Restrictions on discussion of the tests on TSR

OxfordTest-takers shouldnot post test questions or discuss answers, or post the test paper(s).

These restrictions will extend to discussions about exams' tested content, specific questions or question numbers and provisional exam answers or mark schemes.

This, however, does not mean all discussion about these exams will be restricted: it's okay to talk about having just sat the exam, or whether or not you found it difficult.

What is not okay is giving away any information that might cause one student to have an unfair advantage over another.

For example:· "I just sat the PAT and it was so stressful! There's just so little time to do everything in!" is okay.

"I found question 2 really hard" or "The question about strain gauges was hard" is not okay.· "How did everyone else find the exam?" is okay.· "What did everyone else put for question 2?" is not.

These restrictions will be in place from 09:00GMT on Wednesday 4 November until 17:00 GMT on Thursday 5 November. In the interests of yourselves and your fellow students, and in the interest of maintaining the fairness of the exam, please avoid discussion as outlined above during this time frame.
    I'm taking the PHIL tomorrow. It seems that almost no-one else is (understandably). Let me know if anything comes up!

ReputationRep:
    Thank youu ! And no I haven't seen a thread for Philosophy - good luck to you too !
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by jakebasty)
    I'm taking the PHIL tomorrow. It seems that almost no-one else is (understandably). Let me know if anything comes up!
    Awesome - I've added your thread Fingers crossed for tomorrow :crossedf: Are you feeling ready?

ReputationRep:
    Awesome - I've added your thread Fingers crossed for tomorrow :crossedf: Are you feeling ready?
    EYYYY! Legend! Ahaha. Fingers crossed indeed! I'm feeling ready, yes, but as far as preparation is concerned there really wasn't anything to do. It seems to me to be a test of linguistic understanding and critical thinking; all I've done is have discussions with people and read some critical philosophical material!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Hey all,

I'm just bringing these together in one place so hopefully people can find them.
    Why does this need a sticky in the Cambridge forum? Lol...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by jneill)
    Why does this need a sticky in the Cambridge forum? Lol...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :confused:

Edit: Ooooh you mean the announcement. It's a global announcement because people come into all sorts of random forums on TSR looking for stuff :lol:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :confused:

Edit: Ooooh you mean the announcement. It's a global announcement because people come into all sorts of random forums on TSR looking for stuff :lol:
    Ah OK. Fair enough...

(Have you landed your space plane yet?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by jneill)
    Ah OK. Fair enough...

(Have you landed your space plane yet?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are there also Cambridge admissions tests we should be promoting? :beard:

No... physics is difficult. :sad:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Are there also Cambridge admissions tests we should be promoting? :beard:

No... physics is difficult. :sad:
    Nah - Cambridge tests are taken during the interview - so are a rather different beast. Except STEP (it's post-offer) and BMAT but they are covered already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakebasty)
    I'm also taking the PHIL test, glad to know im not alone..
    How have you been preparing?

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys do?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have a thread for the SNAP test??

ReputationRep:
    what about the LNAT?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 25, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.