Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In subject specific SATs you can take maths 1 or maths 2 (or both). Is maths 2 equivalent to maths A level, or further maths? As I'm not taking further should I not take maths2?

ReputationRep:
    I looked through some SATs papers and it looked way easier than A-level to me. I'm not sure about the equivalence though.

Are you applying to a UK university? Most accept SATs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashawaller)
    In subject specific SATs you can take maths 1 or maths 2 (or both). Is maths 2 equivalent to maths A level, or further maths? As I'm not taking further should I not take maths2?
    Hey! I'm applying to universities in the United States of America and I took the SAT Subject Tests. Most people do not take SAT Math I because it's seen as pretty standard and weak. If I were you, I would take SAT Math I and II or SAT Math II on its own. It depends on where you are looking to apply. With regards to how similar it is to A-Level, it's much much easier than A-Level and this goes for all of the SAT Subject Tests to be perfectly honest.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.