Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Looking for holiday recommendations for a group of guys this summer (Post A Level).

We're looking for a popular place with good beaches and nightlife (but not too "chavvy"/sleazy like Magaluf or Malia or whatever), decent weather, not too expensive, you get the idea.

Any thoughts? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Somewhere in Croatia

Marbella , Barcelona or Benalmadena for Spain.

The amount of money you spend in europe on hotels e.t.c some people recommend spending an extra £100 or so and go to somewhere in Asia.

You may find good deals for Negril or Cancun cause people tend to overlook it due to distance e.t.c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LevelTV)
    Somewhere in Croatia

Marbella , Barcelona or Benalmadena for Spain.

The amount of money you spend in europe on hotels e.t.c some people recommend spending an extra £100 or so and go to somewhere in Asia.

You may find good deals for Negril or Cancun cause people tend to overlook it due to distance e.t.c
    That's awesome, thanks! Any personal experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Original.Name)
    That's awesome, thanks! Any personal experience?
    A few yh.

1. Personal Experience -Barcelona is ideal as its not sleazy but also has great clubs , weather but not as great beaches as other places in Spain such as in Marbella.
    -Mixture of Europeans

2. Some friend's went Croatia can't remember the name but it's a underrated places with hot girls if you're into that sort of thing. I know from my head Zadar and Split are recommended places. a google search of e.g "Zadar beaches" or "Split nightlife" may be what your looking for , but also look on tripadvsor to see reviews e.t.c
    -Not many English people which can be good i guess.

3. No experience of ASIA but some places are know for clubbing such as "Phuket" which imo has some of the best beaches on the planet.
    - Lot's of American students and locals.

4. Personal experience - Cancun and / or Negril may be know as expensive due to it being on the other side of the planet but theres always these unbelievable deals.

5. My friends and I are also in the same year group as you but were looking at a more sleazy type one i guess , called Sunny Beach in Bulgaria the price of food and drink is ridiculously cheap due to it not using the Euro currency.

Overall i recommend , Phuket , Zadar , Negril or Barcelona. But please consider somewhere in Greece aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LevelTV)
    Overall i recommend , Phuket , Zadar , Negril or Barcelona. But please consider somewhere in Greece aswell.
    Thanks that's really helpful, we'll look at those. Enjoy Sunny Beach!

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever considered Salou? It doesn't have a party reputation, but can be as wild as you make it, so it's a lot better than the likes of Malia/Zante etc - and clean too! It's an hour from Barcelona (local airport is Reus) so day trips into Barca make for a good day, and there's also one of Europe's best theme parks situated just up the road from the resort centre, with two waterparks nearby too. The beach is lovely and so is the food, and the nightlife is great! Lots of great Irish/British bars with live entertainment before you can move onto the clubs such as Pacha and Kiss. I'm pretty sure you can also hire bikes etc. The hotels are usually pretty decent too, especially for Spain, so it's worth having a look into. I'm going back for the fourth time at the end of June with a group of friends. We've managed to get a week in a 4* hotel (I stayed in it this year and it was great!), half board, transfers, luggage and return flights for £340 each.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyden06)
    Have you ever considered Salou?
    That sounds really good, thanks for the advice! I'll look into it

ReputationRep:
    Flights booked to Salou for the summer! Thanks for the advice guys, have good time yourselves

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy and good luck with a levels.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.