Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Triple Science??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does not taking Triple Science GCSE put you at a disadvantage when doing A-levels in a science or even UCAS Application / when writing a CV

I got A* in Core Last year [Y10], but regret not taking Triple as i think it would have helped in the future - but idk, so i want other people's opinions?

ReputationRep:
    If you really want to
    Take a triple science course and sit the exam or ask if your school offer to sit those kinda of exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope. You can still do all 3 science A levels without taking the full GCSE. For most places, the minimum requirement is a pass in Additional. Though depending on where you are applying entry requirements are different. I'm the same as you, I did core in year 10 and got an A* hopefully going to do Biology and Chemistry for A level

As for understanding the content at A level, I don't think you will be at a disadvantage for not doing the extension topics, perhaps others may have had more practice but I don't think it will make that much difference. After all it is only 1 unit. I have a friend who did double science and got AA in biology and chemistry at A level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inspiringvisons)
    If you really want to
    Take a triple science course and sit the exam or ask if your school offer to sit those kinda of exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

Asked if I could sit the terminal 3 exams for Further Additional Science [by learnin g the content myself and sitting the exams with the Triple science group they said no... coz they 'don't run the course' which in my opinion is utter BS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _ariane29)
    Nope. You can still do all 3 science A levels without taking the full GCSE. For most places, the minimum requirement is a pass in Additional. Though depending on where you are applying entry requirements are different. I'm the same as you, I did core in year 10 and got an A* hopefully going to do Biology and Chemistry for A level

As for understanding the content at A level, I don't think you will be at a disadvantage for not doing the extension topics, perhaps others may have had more practice but I don't think it will make that much difference. After all it is only 1 unit. I have a friend who did double science and got AA in biology and chemistry at A level
    would employers prefer a science gcse i.e Biology GCSE as opposed to a core/additional

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AN1ASAR)
    would employers prefer a science gcse i.e Biology GCSE as opposed to a core/additional
    I seriously doubt it. Once you have an A Level employers wont want to look at your GCSE's unless it is super competitive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _ariane29)
    I seriously doubt it. Once you have an A Level employers wont want to look at your GCSE's unless it is super competitive.

so its all about A-level results then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AN1ASAR)
    so its all about A-level results then?
    GCSE's are the stepping stones to A levels. So when you have a higher qualification in a subject why would unis/employers want to look at a lower one? (Though of course gcse's are important but not as important once you have A levels)

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.