Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you get a long with your parents? watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you argue a lot with them or get on with them ?

ReputationRep:
    Nah I get along fine. My dad is like my best friend (we mess around a lot haha) and my mum is chill although sometimes we argue but thats normal. It's a unique kind of love xD

ReputationRep:
    me and my dad are legit besties. me and my mum are good too.. so yeah I do get along with my parents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT7txRcmCbI
    Yeah ..for now I get on with them
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    We do argue some times but we get along great the vast majority of the time. I think it is completely normal to have some arguments.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    :dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2:

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Me and my mum argue like crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    me and my dad are legit besties. me and my mum are good too.. so yeah I do get along with my parents.
    ugh, I envy you.

ReputationRep:
    Mama and papa are my best friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    ugh, I envy you.
    Lol he's helped me out alot ngl, anyway are you ok? your threads make you seem like your down or upset..

ReputationRep:
    I don't really get on with my dad as he likes to pretend we aren't related :sigh: But my mum and I usually get on well

ReputationRep:
    I can put up with them, but I don't necessarily get along with them. We're completely opposite people

ReputationRep:
    Erm to an extent...mine are a bit too overprotective though!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Mum's the only parent i ve had for years so we've always got along with her pretty well, i think lifes too short to argue over anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)
    Nope. Me and my mum argue like crazy.
    same

ReputationRep:
    Yeah pretty much.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I got on very well with my dad, though he is now deceased. I love my mum, but we are very different people so are not friends (we get on well enough though).

ReputationRep:
    I get on with my mum better than my dad. I love them both equally but I clash with my dad A LOT. Almost every conversation we have usually ends in argument. 😂

My brother is the opposite, he gets on with my dad and clashes with my mum 😁

ReputationRep:
    Me and mum don't really get on, but me and a dad get on fine. My parents are divorced and live separately so it's easy to compare. The atmosphere is chill and conversational at dad's but mum doesn't talk to us and is always stressed/working/on her ipad and will say something to me once every other day to I cult what I'm wearing or tell me to make my bed👍 could be a lot worse, but we dont really get along

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    same
    I thought I was the only one lol since everyone I know loves their mother so much. She just doesn't agree with many of my choices and she always judges me. We argue EVERY SINGLE DAY. She does the same to my older brother but he's kinda reckless so he deserves it lol but they don't argue much

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.