Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Quieter girls, am I too much for her? watch

Announcements

I really don't get this girl, with another guy she can be quite loud and talk to him etc. With me its a bit different. If she walks past sometimes, I will look at her and she will just avert her gaze usually to the side. Other times she will look me in the eyes. Othertimes she will ignore me. I was once down a corridor, which she knew I was and she walked past it (she needed to go down there) but then decided to come back, almost like at first she was to scared to come down but then had a change of heart. She can sometimes be quiet but then other times, quite blunt. We were walking towards eachother from a distance, she was looking at me, so I looked at her then dropped my gaze to the floor, (yes, I'm shy) and then she quietly made a comment to me as she walked past, to which I replied. Another time we were in a group and we were all smiling and laughing, then she came in and I think she occasionally looked at me and smiled then we both averted eyes. Somedays like today I get the impression she doesn't like me much because she barely says a word. Then the next minute she's talking freely with this other guy, she even initates stuff with him too. Maybe she thinks im weird? I suffer from anxiety so soemtimes I can appear to worry and panic that im not getting things right, maybe from this she thinks my attitude is a little intense?

ReputationRep:
    If you stare at her then she definitley notices you, some girls find it weird but if she smiles back she might be interested. Just talk to her

(Original post by star80)
    If you stare at her then she definitley notices you, some girls find it weird but if she smiles back she might be interested. Just talk to her
    I'm not constantly only soemtimes when she walks past and tbh I look at her because I think she's coming to give me something then she just averts her eyes. I do talk to her, but it's always awkward for some reason, we are both quite simliar in character.

tbh it sounds like she likes you but is embarrassed about it or it's making her nervous. Obviously you can't know for sure but don't lose hope, that's how I act round guys I like, so do a lot of my friends. At the end of the day if she acts differently around you it's probably because she feels differently about you and it's possible that means she likes you. Keep up those small interactions (eye contact, smiling etc) and hopefully you can build it up to small talk then conversations until she feels more comfortable around you? Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    She likes you so talk to her and see where it leads.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't take it personally if she talks to other guys more - perhaps they talk to her more! You mentioned you were quite shy - well you say she is similar and it certainly sounds like she is shy too, so she might be thinking exactly what you're thinking when she meets you in the hallway. Make an effort to initiate conversation (even if its just small talk about events going on or how your course is going) and she'll probably open up a bit more.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    It sounds like she definitely likes you :yep:

that's all i can say, no idea how you could approach her even though I'm a girl myself :rofl:

(Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    It sounds like she definitely likes you :yep:

that's all i can say, no idea how you could approach her even though I'm a girl myself :rofl:
    Ok thanks Last time I saw her, she seemed more comfortable and out of know where started talking about something I like, I mentioned about something that was on over the weekend and asked if I was going. Someone also made a joke about me and said 'aww poor tim' I also made a silly joke to which she laughed whilst shaking her head?I can't help feel that she likes me only as a person really.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.