The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maker
Just curious of what people think.

English Literature or History I would say.
English literature, definitely
History
I think Anthropology. I mean, it fits into everything, and if we don't understand ourselves then it's not great (then again maybe I'm biased...)
Reply 5
If I could teach only one, it would be Music, hands down.

But I do agree with English, if it had a different emphasis (it is quite similar to Music in some ways).
Reply 6
Original post by pizzad0gs
I think Anthropology. I mean, it fits into everything, and if we don't understand ourselves then it's not great (then again maybe I'm biased...)

Anthropology is a very good suggestion IMO. It is one of my six basic subjects (Maths, Physics, English, Anthropology, Music and Drawing). If you taught it in a foreign language, it would be even better.
History for sure. The English literature suggestions are just idiotic.
I'd say R.E. I think it's important for people to educate themselves on other peoples religious beliefs -> less hatred and ignorance ☺️
Reply 9
Geography.
Economics lol. That's it.
Reply 11
History. Enough said.
Original post by High Stakes
Economics lol. That's it.

Economics isn't an arts or humanities subject at most institutions.
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
Economics isn't an arts or humanities subject at most institutions.

It's a Bsc if the course is mathematical and a BA if it's not so mathematical. But it's still majorly considered a humanity subject. Unfortunately there isn't an "in-between".
History!!!!

but there is a beauty in English literature that so many fail to see. :frown:
History!
I think Politics is pretty important. If more people studied politics, maybe we would have decent MPs who actually knew how to run the government :u:
Original post by High Stakes
It's a Bsc if the course is mathematical and a BA if it's not so mathematical. But it's still majorly considered a humanity subject. Unfortunately there isn't an "in-between".

At the university I went to and most of the universities that my friends went to Economics was entirely seperate from the humanities departments and was a Bsc.

If we are considering Economics a humanities subject then I would have chosen it.
Reply 18
History (no bias)
Reply 19
Economics and Politics are social sciences.

Latest

Trending

Trending