Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I need some condoms but i'm not sure where the best place to get them from is? I was considering buying from my local sainsburys, but what if i see someone I know whilst carrying them?!! It will be so embarrassing! Also, if i buy online will it come in discrete packaging? and how will it appear on my back statement?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Put them underneath something else in the basket?

Various people on Amazon sell condoms, when it will appear like any other Amazon purchase, but see freedoms-shop.com for the NHS online shop.

ReputationRep:
    Best way to avoid embarrassment when buying a personal item is to buy it with a birthday card.

ReputationRep:
    listen up,just go in your local big supermarket, pick them up and go pay for them at the self service till,job done. If you feel vulnerable browsing the shelves, research on the net what brand/type you want, make sure your supermarket stocks them (mysupermarket) then just spot them on the shelf and buy.

Seriously no one cares,,in my local tesco i often see girls browsing the condoms and accessories dept and no one takes any notice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limpopo)
    listen up,just go in your local big supermarket, pick them up and go pay for them at the self service till,job done. If you feel vulnerable browsing the shelves, research on the net what brand/type you want, make sure your supermarket stocks them (mysupermarket) then just spot them on the shelf and buy.

Seriously no one cares,,in my local tesco i often see girls browsing the condoms and accessories dept and no one takes any notice.
    This

ReputationRep:
    buy them from a surgery or something, i doubt youll recognise anyone :aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    If you're too embarrassed to be buying condoms are you even ready to be having sex?

ReputationRep:
    If you buy it on an online store such as LH it always comes in discrete packaging, and comes up as LH on your bank details.

Honestly you shouldn't be embarrassed, sex is natural.

Out of curiosity instead of buying them why don't you sign up to get a C-Card, that why they're free and I doubt you'll see anyone too.

ReputationRep:
    Ask a friend to buy them for you? Pretty good advice for you on here. If no one will buy them for you, go to a chemist and buy them with a few other items. There's absolutely no stigma involved in buying condoms, if anything it just shows people what a mature and responsible guy you are. Good luck and have fun!

Are you between the ages of 13 and 24?

If so, you can get them for free from most pharmacies and almost every sexual health centre. All you need to do is ask for a C-Card (Condom card) - they don't take any names or details (except your age etc) then you'll get 6 visits on that, getting 12 at a time (all varieties).

Here's the website fro information about what it does: www.areyougettingit.com

It's completely free and once you've run out you can get another card. To get a card you just have to go into a pharmacy, or boots clinic - it's really simple and has helped loads of people, including myself.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm, if you're embarrassed to buy them then you probably aren't mature enough to be having sex.

Also, you can go to the Dr and get them for free.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it has anything to do with maturity...

Buy them from a vending machine after nightfall (when there's noone in the streets) or use an automatic cashier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I need some condoms but i'm not sure where the best place to get them from is? I was considering buying from my local sainsburys, but what if i see someone I know whilst carrying them?!! It will be so embarrassing! Also, if i buy online will it come in discrete packaging? and how will it appear on my back statement?

If your not old enough to buy condoms without stressing your not old enough to have sex, dont be so immature if you wanna get laid.

ReputationRep:
    Good advice! self service is best idea if self conscious!!
    (Original post by pizzad0gs)
    This

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 24, 2015
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.