The Student Room Group

She has a "boyfriend" (?). I can overlook this, but will she?

I am a master’s student and on my course is an attractive girl.She is really smart, dedicated to her studying and mentioned she never goes outany more. She says she has no interests outside of books. We are both reallybusy and our schedule is really hectic. We are both in university (separately) super earlyto study and stay till really late.

We spoke twice within two days in person and on both occasions we had a really deep and interesting conversation. She seemed to takea real genuine interest in me and I made her laugh and teased her playfully.All was going well and it seemed I really charmed her.

The second time we spoke she had initiated the conversation.I had caught her staring at me from behind and went towards her and she started talking to me.

We both agreed that we need to study together and she gave me her number.We texted each other back and forth and it was going well. She always apologized for texting late.

A few days late I texted her that I was interested in getting to know her more and that we should go out for drinks on She said she was busy that week (We had loads of deadlines in that week) but that we should reschedule for another time.

I told her a couple of days later that I was really interested in her, thought she was a really nice girl and we should at least go out for coffee.

She agreed but she also brought along her friend uninvited and without telling me.

The three of us had a great chat and we left. She mostly let her friend do the talking.
The day later I called her out on her bull**** and bad manners.

She then claimed that when we initially met she told me about her boyfriend and she thought it was clear.
This is a complete lie and I can’t believe she claimed this.

I forgot about her but then she started acting really nervous around me and she always noticed me everywhere. We started talking to each other in person and she was taking a really big interest in me again but was nervous. I thought she was not interested because of the nervousness but she saw me walking past her once and she started laughing/giggling and said it was really nice to see me again.

A few days later I texted her a flirty/cocky and funny text in a conversation and she said replied back saying she was not lying about having a boyfriend.

Whilst it is not safe to assume a girl is single, in this case I would be surprised if she actually has a bf. We have spoken about what we do in our spare time and our plans for the weekend or holidays and she has never mentioned a boyfriend.
Even in topics where it would be logical to bring up a bf, she never did.

I want a second opinion.

Does she have a boyfriend and do I stand a chance with her?
Either she had a boyfriend, in which case she doesn't like you, or she is lying about having a boyfriend, in which case she is absolutely not interested. The fact that she brought a friend along indicates that she has no interest in you. Better to find someone else
Original post by Hausdorffspace
I am a master’s student and on my course is an attractive girl.She is really smart, dedicated to her studying and mentioned she never goes outany more. She says she has no interests outside of books. We are both reallybusy and our schedule is really hectic. We are both in university (separately) super earlyto study and stay till really late.

We spoke twice within two days in person and on both occasions we had a really deep and interesting conversation. She seemed to takea real genuine interest in me and I made her laugh and teased her playfully.All was going well and it seemed I really charmed her.

The second time we spoke she had initiated the conversation.I had caught her staring at me from behind and went towards her and she started talking to me.

We both agreed that we need to study together and she gave me her number.We texted each other back and forth and it was going well. She always apologized for texting late.

A few days late I texted her that I was interested in getting to know her more and that we should go out for drinks on She said she was busy that week (We had loads of deadlines in that week) but that we should reschedule for another time.

I told her a couple of days later that I was really interested in her, thought she was a really nice girl and we should at least go out for coffee.

She agreed but she also brought along her friend uninvited and without telling me.

The three of us had a great chat and we left. She mostly let her friend do the talking.

She then claimed that when we initially met she told me about her boyfriend and she thought it was clear.

I forgot about her but then she started acting really nervous around me and she always noticed me everywhere. We started talking to each other in person and she was taking a really big interest in me again but was nervous. I thought she was not interested because of the nervousness but she saw me walking past her once and she started laughing/giggling and said it was really nice to see me again.

A few days later I texted her a flirty/cocky and funny text in a conversation and she said replied back saying she was not lying about having a boyfriend.

Whilst it is not safe to assume a girl is single, in this case I would be surprised if she actually has a bf. We have spoken about what we do in our spare time and our plans for the weekend or holidays and she has never mentioned a boyfriend.

I want a second opinion.

Pretty much what the above poster said, you have no chance of getting with her, you will have to take her word for it that she has a boyfriend.
what part of she has a boyfriend don't you get?
Boyfriend or no boyfriend.

You've said how you feel, if she was interested she'd have told you so.

Leave the girl alone man, what's the matter with you?

I don't understand people male or female who just don't get the message.....please just look for someone else man.
Original post by Hausdorffspace

I want a second opinion.

Dude she's not interested in you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending