Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So there's this guy that I met a few weeks ago through my sports club. I've been helping coach the beginners, which this guy is, and we've ended up on the same team for relay races a couple of times. Got talking, I friended him on FB to discuss payment for a trip with him since I'm treasurer and since then we've been talking a fair bit. The other day I was in the SU doing some work, which I mentioned off hand to him and he decided to come join me. By this point I was kind of already crushing on him a bit, since he's pretty attractive and a lovely guy but I figured he was just being friendly.

This weekend though things got a bit more confusing. We were both on a club weekend away, and whilst we were in the bunkhouse we spent quite a lot of time sat together whilst everyone was drinking and playing various games. At one point though he started resting his head on my shoulder, and did this a few times over the course of the evening. I would just write this off as being due to alcohol, but then he did it again Sunday morning when he was sober which makes me think, in combination with other things, that maybe he might be interested in being more than just friends? He did seem to be by my side a lot, and that wasn't always my doing, plus we kept catching each other's eye and stuff like that.

Sorry if this seems like a stupid thread or one that gets repeated a lot but I don't have any guy friends to ask about this that will give me a sensible answer or not mock me for it (since most of my friends are in the same club as me and this guy).

Basically I'm wondering whether there might be potential for something to happen here or if I'm just reading too much into the whole situation, which has happened before and hurt so I don't want to do that again.

I would personally say give it some time, he might just want to be your friend and is being friendly. But if you do feel something and there is some sort of chemistry between you to, then go for it (unless he isn't single).

ReputationRep:
    I would just go for it! He may not be sure on whether you like him or not, and if you went for it, then it sounds like he would say yes. Good luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.