Where will Manchester United finish at the end of the season? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Are Unit good enough to finish first?
    Post if you think so
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    We'll play **** boring football for the rest of the season, finish 3rd as the quality of the league is so poor, and let LVG go in the summer
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Third.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    We'll play **** boring football for the rest of the season, finish 3rd as the quality of the league is so poor, and let LVG go in the summer
    Just a quick question do you actually support Manchester United?
    Because, it doesn't seem like it.

ReputationRep:
    Its ours to lose so ill say 1st.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by drewBusby)
    Its ours to lose so ill say 1st.
    How is it? You aren't top.

ReputationRep:
    Really depends tbh. Definitely are up there ATM, even if they're clean sheets with narrow 1-0 wins, it's still 3pts. The team is solid as a defensive unit, but any injuries can hamper the chances of a true title challenge. As we all know, Smalling was consistently injured prior to this season, and he's been solid. If he were to get injured, there could be a problem.

Same in regards to the attacking players, the squad is quite thin and the general play is already pretty slow. Let's say Martial (who has been a breath of fresh air and is an attacking focal point with his pace) gets injured. It's another problem.

ReputationRep:
    Third - not enough goals in the side to finish 1st.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Third - not enough goals in the side to finish 1st.
    This. To be champions, you need to score and score. I think five out of the last six PL champions have boasted the highest goals tally, but LVG prioritises the defence and that's questionable given City's propensity to play free-flowing and attacking football.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Mancini prioritised boring, defensive football at City. I'm sure people remember them playing with 3 defensive midfielders. It got them into the CL and won them a cup but not a whole lot else. Then he paid 40m for Aguero and they won the league.

We need fullback cover and a pacey forward, as well as playing Martial up front and doing whatever it takes to get Rooney out. Need to stop playing with two DMs against lesser opposition too. Was Carrick and Schweinsteiger against WBA at home really necessary!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 UBX)
    Are Unit good enough to finish first?
    Post if you think so
    G-unit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    G-unit?

ReputationRep:
    They'll finish 6th.

ReputationRep:
    My heart says first my head says 2nd behind City.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fiduciam)
    Really depends tbh. Definitely are up there ATM, even if they're clean sheets with narrow 1-0 wins, it's still 3pts. The team is solid as a defensive unit, but any injuries can hamper the chances of a true title challenge. As we all know, Smalling was consistently injured prior to this season, and he's been solid. If he were to get injured, there could be a problem.

Same in regards to the attacking players, the squad is quite thin and the general play is already pretty slow. Let's say Martial (who has been a breath of fresh air and is an attacking focal point with his pace) gets injured. It's another problem.
    Well when we've got Magic Marouane to lump it up to I think our attack is fine.

ReputationRep:
    I would prefer 18th so we would discover who the glory seekers really are. However I think they will finish 3rd behind Manchester City and Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I would prefer 18th so we would discover who the glory seekers really are. However I think they will finish 3rd behind Manchester City and Arsenal.
    You don't belong on this chat if you don't support Manchester United

ReputationRep:
    Fifth I reckon. They haven't impressed recently and Spurs have been outperforming them recently. I wouldn't be surprised to see Liverpool/Leicester challenge if they get good investment in January, but Klopp isn't much of a tactician and Ranieri needs to fix his defence.

ReputationRep:
    3rd or fourth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The way things are going we won't be able to field a team soon.

We have about 15 senior players fit.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.