Where will Manchester United finish at the end of the season?

Watch
F1 UBX
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Are Unit good enough to finish first?
Post if you think so
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We'll play **** boring football for the rest of the season, finish 3rd as the quality of the league is so poor, and let LVG go in the summer
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Third.
F1 UBX
Rep:
?
(Original post by sr90)
We'll play **** boring football for the rest of the season, finish 3rd as the quality of the league is so poor, and let LVG go in the summer
Just a quick question do you actually support Manchester United?
Because, it doesn't seem like it.
drewBusby
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Its ours to lose so ill say 1st.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by drewBusby)
Its ours to lose so ill say 1st.
How is it? You aren't top.
Fiduciam
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Really depends tbh. Definitely are up there ATM, even if they're clean sheets with narrow 1-0 wins, it's still 3pts. The team is solid as a defensive unit, but any injuries can hamper the chances of a true title challenge. As we all know, Smalling was consistently injured prior to this season, and he's been solid. If he were to get injured, there could be a problem.

Same in regards to the attacking players, the squad is quite thin and the general play is already pretty slow. Let's say Martial (who has been a breath of fresh air and is an attacking focal point with his pace) gets injured. It's another problem.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Third - not enough goals in the side to finish 1st.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
Third - not enough goals in the side to finish 1st.
This. To be champions, you need to score and score. I think five out of the last six PL champions have boasted the highest goals tally, but LVG prioritises the defence and that's questionable given City's propensity to play free-flowing and attacking football.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mancini prioritised boring, defensive football at City. I'm sure people remember them playing with 3 defensive midfielders. It got them into the CL and won them a cup but not a whole lot else. Then he paid 40m for Aguero and they won the league.

We need fullback cover and a pacey forward, as well as playing Martial up front and doing whatever it takes to get Rooney out. Need to stop playing with two DMs against lesser opposition too. Was Carrick and Schweinsteiger against WBA at home really necessary!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by F1 UBX)
Are Unit good enough to finish first?
Post if you think so
G-unit?
username1567177
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
G-unit?
The Blue Axolotl
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They'll finish 6th.
Danny the Geezer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My heart says first my head says 2nd behind City.
Danny the Geezer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fiduciam)
Really depends tbh. Definitely are up there ATM, even if they're clean sheets with narrow 1-0 wins, it's still 3pts. The team is solid as a defensive unit, but any injuries can hamper the chances of a true title challenge. As we all know, Smalling was consistently injured prior to this season, and he's been solid. If he were to get injured, there could be a problem.

Same in regards to the attacking players, the squad is quite thin and the general play is already pretty slow. Let's say Martial (who has been a breath of fresh air and is an attacking focal point with his pace) gets injured. It's another problem.
Well when we've got Magic Marouane to lump it up to I think our attack is fine.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would prefer 18th so we would discover who the glory seekers really are. However I think they will finish 3rd behind Manchester City and Arsenal.
F1 UBX
Rep:
?
(Original post by barnetlad)
I would prefer 18th so we would discover who the glory seekers really are. However I think they will finish 3rd behind Manchester City and Arsenal.
You don't belong on this chat if you don't support Manchester United
Diego Costa
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Fifth I reckon. They haven't impressed recently and Spurs have been outperforming them recently. I wouldn't be surprised to see Liverpool/Leicester challenge if they get good investment in January, but Klopp isn't much of a tactician and Ranieri needs to fix his defence.
Kz91
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
3rd or fourth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The way things are going we won't be able to field a team soon.

We have about 15 senior players fit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (147)
14.54%
I'm not sure (43)
4.25%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
29.97%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.66%

Watched Threads