Turn on thread page Beta

I'm doing a primary PGCE (which is pretty much taking up all of my time!) and I've recently begun to get closer to a guy who's on my course. It's clear we like each other, and we've said we'll go for dinner together this weekend. We haven't really talked about a relationship, but it seems like it may be heading that way..
    However, I am a little apprehensive about starting a relationship during this extremely busy year; I am constanly stressed and work pretty much every evening and weekend.
    Some people have advised me against it; saying that it would be better to focus fully on the course with no distractions. However, others have told me that it'd be an advantage dating someone on the course ,who's going through the exact same thing, and that we can help each other with the workload and lesson planning and such.
    Has anyone else had a similar kind of experience? Did you manage it ok? Thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm doing a primary PGCE (which is pretty much taking up all of my time!) and I've recently begun to get closer to a guy who's on my course. It's clear we like each other, and we've said we'll go for dinner together this weekend. We haven't really talked about a relationship, but it seems like it may be heading that way..
    However, I am a little apprehensive about starting a relationship during this extremely busy year; I am constanly stressed and work pretty much every evening and weekend.
    Some people have advised me against it; saying that it would be better to focus fully on the course with no distractions. However, others have told me that it'd be an advantage dating someone on the course ,who's going through the exact same thing, and that we can help each other with the workload and lesson planning and such.
    Has anyone else had a similar kind of experience? Did you manage it ok? Thanks
    Do what you want, if you like each other then why not give it a try, you can balance coursework with a relationship if you both work at it, then again more than anything enjoy the time you spend together.

Thanks ,yeah worth a try I guess, and at least we'd both be equally busy rather than one being a lot busier than the other, for example.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.